• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Neighbor Dog Aggressive On My Property

Just reading this post makes me so mad.

The fact that someone would let their dog roam free that could potentially kill/maim a child.

Report/document/report/document and don't EVER let your child in the yard without your ARMED supervision!!!!

image.jpg

Put some of that on a piece of meat and leave it out back, bet he won't want anything from around your house anywhere near his mouth.

Sometimes your higher fight and flight reflex response to something potentially killing your child is a better judge than what another entity(the law) says is right or wrong.

Reason I ask is the door was closed and my son was behind the door. If he were outside it would be different. Curious if me opening the door and pursuing the dog for a kill shot would put me at risk for prosecution?

if you had to open the door for the dog to be able to get at you then yes at this point shooting the dog could leave you in a legal mess. Had the door already been open to let the breeze in or you been outside you would have been clear. If the door is shut and everyone in the house is safe you need to call the popo and/or animal control (at least from a legal standpoint). Popo would shoot the dog and the story would be over. Animal control would come get the dog and if the owners show up give them a citation and charge them before they were allowed to pick up the dog (dog at large in most places is a misdemeanor if nobody is injured) or if they didn't show up in 3-5 days the dog would be put down, since it was aggressive animal control wouldn't even attempt to adopt it out.

regardless call your HOA and complain.. CONSTANTLY, every time you see the dog without a leash. They will get tired of hearing from you and do something about it

I had a similar problem a couple years ago in our country subdivision. Long story short the dog turned on its owners girlfriend & then attacked their expecting husky. I was outside with my young kids when I heard all the screaming and I RAN to see what was wrong. Her hand was bleeding bad & the dog had her other by the throat. She told me to get him off her & I said the only thing I had to help was my .45 She said do it. If I shot him in the head I would've most likely killed both dogs, so I put a .45JHP in his back/shoulder. What amazed me was that the pit didn't immediately let go when I shot him, It literally took 1-2 seconds for the pain to register before he let go. Long story short, I was worried about a lawsuit, but I had witnesses & I called the law myself & told them what happened & nothing ever happened to me thankfully.

Back
Top Bottom