• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Never invite a killer to your property

I stopped hunting a couple of decades ago while I was married and haven't had the opportunity to start up again but I know for a fact that even after all those years if the deal was 'does only' I wouldn't have shot that buck.
Maybe that makes me a fool but at this point in my life my word is about all I have.
Now we are talking thank for you Honesty, Not many real friends in the world and you’re right our word should be our bond but live and learn , lesson learned

I stopped hunting a couple of decades ago while I was married and haven't had the opportunity to start up again but I know for a fact that even after all those years if the deal was 'does only' I wouldn't have shot that buck.
Maybe that makes me a fool but at this point in my life my word is about all I have.
Amen Brother, character is doing the right thing when nobody is looking.

I had a guy who I thought was my "friend" who did something very similar about 15 years ago. It involved a 200+ inch deer.
He is also the guy who forgot to pay me back the money he borrowed (50k). Character is character...whether it's deer or money.
A big deer just tends to expose it...or lack thereof.
Well put I guess it’s probably there all along and we just refuse to see it

I would never invite anyone to my property and not expect them to shoot a big buck if given the opportunity. Hell I want them to score a big buck. Just my take on it, and it is just a deer.

I understand your situation is different, and the guy agreed to your rules. You allowed him to hunt in good faith and he dishonored that. The fact that he did this is really crappy. Oh, and he is absolutely a liar for claiming he did not see horns, and what a ridiculous lie at that...He is a complete d-bag and I.would never speak to him again. Again, just my take.

^^^This

No, it makes you a man of his word who values his own dignity and friendships more than a friggin deer.

Back
Top Bottom