• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Never invite a killer to your property

So I have another take on this. I would have been proud as hell if I invited someone to my property, and they took a trophy like that. The words you can only kill a doe would never come out of my mouth.

Before everyone gets in my ass about that’s his property, his deer, blah, blah, blah. Y’all must remember deer don’t know property lines, they don’t look for cars, don’t have modern medicine, nor defense from predators. It’s perfectly clear the Hunter was told doe only. He should have respected that, I understand. But, what if that deer had not been shot when he was, and the next day while he was chasing a doe across the rd a semi took him out. Soon after the semi runs him over Bubba is on the side of the rd cutting his horns off, and the OP witnesses it. What do you think the OP would be telling the hunter that passed up the deer? I guarantee you the OP would have told his buddy “Man I should have let you shoot that stud, he just got run over by a freaking truck!”

My point is, we have no control over deer what so ever. If a hunter gets a shot at a deer of a life time he ought to be able to take it, and his friends should be happy for him. The greed over trophy hunting has really gotten to a pathetic state. If you read the post above many of you are willing to lose a good friend over a stupid goat. Me, I’d be proud for my friend!

Ps. I personally I think the OP is pullling you chain...but maybe not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's funny when I take my brother hunting I sit with him. He'll shoot a fawn in a heartbeat unsupervised. :shocked:
How old is he??
Heard from my Dad years ago about an older man that killed fawns because he wanted more tender meat. First time I had heard of someone that went after fawns.
Never invite a killer to your property , you will regret it! I told him he could only kill a doe , The some ***** says he couldn’t see the horns ? WTF

That guy looks like a millennial.

Had a member bring a guest one weekend. He killed 4 deer in 2 days. 1 was a basket rack 8 point. We hadn't discussed any rules but damn!!! Pissed off everybody.

There is no excuse for this. It's as good as theft. You invited him into your "house" and he robbed you.

Unless the property was high fenced he does not own the deer or have any rights at all to the deer. The deer belongs to the king(state) The agreement is an issue that needs to be addressed. But the OP has no right to the deer even if he has 37 8x10 color glossy photos of the deer.

Unless the property was high fenced he does not own the deer or have any rights at all to the deer. The deer belongs to the king(state) The agreement is an issue that needs to be addressed. But the OP has no right to the deer even if he has 37 8x10 color glossy photos of the deer.
The moment his "friend" agreed to the terms of being invited onto the OPs property, he gave up his right to kill that deer. Maybe not legally, but most assuredly morally. Morally he stole that deer from the OP. He is dishonorable and a thief.

Back
Top Bottom