New sales tax

Craig's list should be interesting if this is true!
Nope,everyone on there are flipping cars and trucks and bikes never put it in their name and leaves the title open and signed from previous owners.I wish the local law enforcement would get these scum bags off the streets.I had to go thru about 10 people to buy a car that was family owned.If they will NOT show their ID and ownership of the vehicles stay away from them!!!

Nope,everyone on there are flipping cars and trucks and bikes never put it in their name and leaves the title open and signed from previous owners.I wish the local law enforcement would get these scum bags off the streets.I had to go thru about 10 people to buy a car that was family owned.If they will NOT show their ID and ownership of the vehicles stay away from them!!!

I check the title, against the sellers DL, if the title is not in the sellers name, thats a red flag. big time.

This may be like the prestige liscense plate thing, remember when the wildlife tags cost a one time fee of like $20?

Now they are $80 , EVERY YEAR, and on top of that the fund that used to get all $20 now only gets $10.

so notice how now you dont see hardly any of those kinds of plates?
We had 3 of the special plates, 2 wildlife and one wildflower, got rid of all of em. the state thought they were gonna get $240 a year every year from me, they got nothing. in fact it cost them money to switch my tag to a new one.

I check the title, against the sellers DL, if the title is not in the sellers name, thats a red flag. big time.

This may be like the prestige liscense plate thing, remember when the wildlife tags cost a one time fee of like $20?

Now they are $80 , EVERY YEAR, and on top of that the fund that used to get all $20 now only gets $10.

so notice how now you dont see hardly any of those kinds of plates?
We had 3 of the special plates, 2 wildlife and one wildflower, got rid of all of em. the state thought they were gonna get $240 a year every year from me, they got nothing. in fact it cost them money to switch my tag to a new one.
Yup I had those same plates until they tried to pull that move on me and I told them they can have these plates back!!!

All the new law does is collect the fees up front, and does away with the "Birthday" tax. If you buy a vehicle after March 1st, you will have to pay the tax up front and then the $20 decal fee on your birthday as long as you keep the vehicle. It will be better for those that keep vehicles for a long period of time, but not so good for those that like to trade them in every year or two.

I personally would rather pay it up front than getting hit for the "Birthday" tax every year. And guys, if you can't afford the tax on the vehicle, maybe you're cutting your finances to close to be buying something to start with. Just a thought.

All the new law does is collect the fees up front, and does away with the "Birthday" tax. If you buy a vehicle after March 1st, you will have to pay the tax up front and then the $20 decal fee on your birthday as long as you keep the vehicle. It will be better for those that keep vehicles for a long period of time, but not so good for those that like to trade them in every year or two.

I personally would rather pay it up front than getting hit for the "Birthday" tax every year. And guys, if you can't afford the tax on the vehicle, maybe you're cutting your finances to close to be buying something to start with. Just a thought.

Everyone needs safe reliable transportation to hold a job. Many people are doing all they can just to get something and you want to make it more expensive for them?

Craig's list should be interesting if this is true!

It wouldn't hurt those scums, as they will put on the bill of sale for $1.00 and be good to go...They will also forged the name on the bill of sale as A LOT OF PEOPLE off craigslists sells cars with other peoples name on the title.If I ever sell a car I will put the new buyer information down on the title and have them sign so they can not flip it.

Just read that only those buying vehicles from individuals will pay 6.5% on the government determined value. If you buy from a dealer you will pay 6.5% of your purchase price... This has bull**** written all over it.

Just to update this a bit, I bought a new car for myself and my spouse just before the change over. there is some special program that they allow you to opt in this program. I bought the car from the dealership and paid 7% sales tax anyways, same withe wife. This friday we will switch over to the new program. My car wont cost me anything over the 7% and prob. be the same thing for the wife. This does indeed only hurt the private sales, but only up front or if you dont keep your vehicle for very long.

Back
Top Bottom