• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New to hunting - Which license?

OFace12

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
12   0
Reaction score
Despite wanting to for a long time now, I've never actually been hunting before. My granddad was a big hunter, but died before I was old enough and my dad never got into it to take me. I've taken my safety course online and I've got a buddy who is going to let me tag along this year for at his deer property. I'd like to also try my hand at duck and turkey maybe?

When it comes to the license from GA DNR, which one should I be looking at for a cover-all? Sorry if it has been asked a thousand times before. I do go trout fishing too when I camp in the fall/winter, so I know I'm going to have to get my trout stamp too.

Thanks!

Get the sportsman's license. You will need a fed duck stamp for duck hunting.

This... Sportsman is now $65, which covers small and big game hunting, all game (except alligator), fishing and wma access. I bought a Lifetime License back in 2005, so I've been hunting "free" for about 3 years now. Not bad since I'm only 39.

Federal Duck Stamp (which you can get at the Post Office) is another $15

If you think your gonna do it the rest of your life, look into the lifetime license.

I just got mine before the price increase in July, so it'll be awhile before it pays off.

This... Sportsman is now $65, which covers small and big game hunting, all game (except alligator), fishing and wma access. I bought a Lifetime License back in 2005, so I've been hunting "free" for about 3 years now. Not bad since I'm only 39.

Federal Duck Stamp (which you can get at the Post Office) is another $15
Does the Lifetime license cover all (same) kinds of hunts + fishing + WMA accees as the Sportman's license does ?

Back
Top Bottom