• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NFL games rigged?

Are NFL games rigged (points or outcome)

• Never, every game is 100% on the up and up

Votes: 37 29.6%
  • Sometimes, there is big, BIG money at play

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • Most always... it's just entertainment.

Votes: 14 11.2%
  • No clue, I hate the NFL and don't care either way.

Votes: 31 24.8%

• Total voters
Let me script it for you. Unranked (but admitedly undefeated) Miss. State goes to Baton Rouge having not won there since dinosaurs roamed the earth. In a hard fought tooth and nail battle they win the game on a last second field goal or hail Mary. Leading THE ENTIRE GAME and then NOT losing on a completely improbable pass while the stands are empty is hardly 'drama' or any 'script' anyone would like to read. They were way overdue to win one and LSU is VERY young, and were very over rated (and they have a terrible coach).
Are there 'hollywood script worthy' games in the NCAA? Of course. Heck there's 128 teams in the FBS and they play a LOT of games every year. ODDS (and that is what this is about) are that there would be. There's only 32 NFL teams. PACKED full of edge of the seat improbability by multi-millionaire players taking orders from billoinaire owners.

Ok, we see it differently. I'll continue to watch the games looking for the improbable. Speaking of the NFL, it would have been a much better story for the Broncos to beat the Seahawks in OT this past weekend. Coming from behind to tie and then lose in OT is a horrible script. It would have played out like sweet revenge for the beating they took in the Super Bowl. Perhaps they're just laying the foundation for a last second victory in this year's Super Bowl between the same 2 teams?!

Let me script it for you. Unranked (but admitedly undefeated) Miss. State goes to Baton Rouge having not won there since dinosaurs roamed the earth. In a hard fought tooth and nail battle they win the game on a last second field goal or hail Mary. Leading THE ENTIRE GAME and then NOT losing on a completely improbable pass while the stands are empty is hardly 'drama' or any 'script' anyone would like to read. They were way overdue to win one and LSU is VERY young, and were very over rated (and they have a terrible coach).
Are there 'hollywood script worthy' games in the NCAA? Of course. Heck there's 128 teams in the FBS and they play a LOT of games every year. ODDS (and that is what this is about) are that there would be. There's only 32 NFL teams. PACKED full of edge of the seat improbability by multi-millionaire players taking orders from billoinaire owners.

the weekend after the 9/11 anniversary Boston College beats the crap out of USC while the Pats beat the crap out of the Vikings

Ok, we see it differently. I'll continue to watch the games looking for the improbable. Speaking of the NFL, it would have been a much better story for the Broncos to beat the Seahawks in OT this past weekend. Coming from behind to tie and then lose in OT is a horrible script. It would have played out like sweet revenge for the beating they took in the Super Bowl. Perhaps they're just laying the foundation for a last second victory in this year's Super Bowl between the same 2 teams?!
Don't know, didn't watch.
And my contention is NOT that every game is rigged (though they might be). :)

the season needs as much a story as game to game does. You will find over time that Seattle will decline as Denver stays at the top. Theres like 7 or 8 teams that have the entire NFC west on their schedule-including the NY Giants- which I find interesting .

the weekend after the 9/11 anniversary Boston College beats the crap out of USC while the Pats beat the crap out of the Vikings
Hey wait... didn't the Red Sox win the World Series for the first time in 86 years the same year of the Boston Bombings and the whole country was "Boston Strong" and all that? I mean what are the odds of THAT? Sorry... I digress... :)

Back
Top Bottom