• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

"No firearms, violators will be treated as trespassers"

Enough of these threads to warrant the ODT getting an attorney on a retainer !

No but I'm sure certain law firms have a web spider that has indexed ODT (and other sites) six ways to Sunday in just the eventuality that they need to prove a point of fact in court... FYI.

I guarantee you it's gonna be the usual property rights argument.

Which is irrelevant. It has clearly been established that there are certain rights property owners do not have (ex: no Whites Only restaurants). The 2nd Amendment is no different than any other amendment, whether it be the 1st, the 14th, or the 20th. It should be held in equal regard.

Now, with that being said, I don't think businesses should be forced to let anyone in, whether they're black, gay, men, women, children, gun carriers, or space aliens. Businesses that adopt such restrictive policies would suffer under the free market system. But that's not the law.

I honestly view this to be no different than the gay couple who wanted the wedding cake made by the Christian business owners who refused to do so. Congratulations, you just fought to force people who hate you to take your money, as if that is some grand accomplishment. Any private business that has a "No Guns Sign" of any type is not a business that I wish to give my money to, and unless absolutely necessary, I avoid patronizing those establishments.

I wouldn't give a dollar to the Democratic Party, and I wouldn't give a dollar to a business that doesn't respect my rights as a citizen. Don't want guns in your store? Fine, I'll go to one of your competitors that welcomes me with open arms. Dollars speak louder than words.

Which is irrelevant. It has clearly been established that there are certain rights property owners do not have (ex: no Whites Only restaurants). The 2nd Amendment is no different than any other amendment, whether it be the 1st, the 14th, or the 20th. It should be held in equal regard.

Now, with that being said, I don't think businesses should be forced to let anyone in, whether they're black, gay, men, women, children, gun carriers, or space aliens. Businesses that adopt such restrictive policies would suffer under the free market system. But that's not the law.

I honestly view this to be no different than the gay couple who wanted the wedding cake made by the Christian business owners who refused to do so. Congratulations, you just fought to force people who hate you to take your money, as if that is some grand accomplishment. Any private business that has a "No Guns Sign" of any type is not a business that I wish to give my money to, and unless absolutely necessary, I avoid patronizing those establishments.

I wouldn't give a dollar to the Democratic Party, and I wouldn't give a dollar to a business that doesn't respect my rights as a citizen. Don't want guns in your store? Fine, I'll go to one of your competitors that welcomes me with open arms. Dollars speak louder than words.

thats the way i see it. don't give them business. you'd expect your rules at your place. what if i say the no smoking sign doesn't mean anything.

Back
Top Bottom