• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No longer slave owners

If there is a "problem" that needs fixing, by definition there has to be a "victim". The liberals, as usual, have won the marketing.
Notice the title of this thread.
Well if that's your point of view none of us will change it so I'll just requote WallsGA here:
I do find it quite hilarious that the people most against allowing grown men to get paid off their own name are - allegedly - libertarian free-market capitalist supporting types in all but this issue.
Exactly. It begs the question, who is really being the liberal in this argument here?

Well if that's your point of view none of us will change it so I'll just requote WallsGA here:

Exactly. It begs the question, who is really being the liberal in this argument here?
They are getting paid, well.
To answer the question, the ones who bought into the Democrat's narrative, obviously.

They are getting paid, well.
To answer the question, the ones who bought into the Democrat's narrative, obviously.
Who's getting paid well? The coaches, the school, the NCAA? Certainly not the players. I guess we just have to agree to disagree. You and I both already know only the studs get the scholarships. And we also know that those top recruits are already getting something from somebody under the table. They always have been. Just a matter of who gets caught or not. Now the NCAA is saying we don't care. Nothing will change. College sports will still be what they were before this ruling.

Who's getting paid well? The coaches, the school, the NCAA? Certainly not the players. I guess we just have to agree to disagree. You and I both already know only the studs get the scholarships. And we also know that those top recruits are already getting something from somebody under the table. They always have been. Just a matter of who gets caught or not. Now the NCAA is saying we don't care. Nothing will change. College sports will still be what they were before this ruling.
Post #30. And "the studs" aka, "the slaves" will be the only ones selling t shirts.
Yep, we disagree, fundamentally on what college sports should be.

Post #30. And "the studs" aka, "the slaves" will be the only ones selling t shirts.
Yep, we disagree, fundamentally on what college sports should be.
But we're talking a couple of hundred bucks per shirt. And these guys don't have the time to sit there autographing their shirts all day. At the end of the day the game will be the same. It won't even make a dent.

But we're talking a couple of hundred bucks per shirt. And these guys don't have the time to sit there autographing their shirts all day. At the end of the day the game will be the same. It won't even make a dent.
This has ZERO to do with selling shirts. :doh:
Its a euphemism and a smoke screen to sell the numb masses. I give up. I'm out. So glad the travesty of slave ownership has been rectified and we can get back to what college sports is meant to be, kids playing a sport they love... and meeting their fans.... as long as their agents clear it, of course. "You want me to play in that bowl game coach? My agent wants to know how many 't shirt orders' you got?"

Back
Top Bottom