• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Northern Zone baiting is on the table in both houses for The Northern Zone

Making baiting illegal AFTER CWD is here is the same logic as ceasing unprotected sex after you've contracted AIDS. It's a little late then .
I'm on a phone so not going to type a dissertation but the research is there for those without a predilection to justify their existing desires (not saying you Bear, general statement).
Supplemental feeding is not going to bring CWD here, so your analogy with spreading AIDS doesn't work. If the disease is not in the population, it can't be spread. It's not like deer take interstate flights.

You can even put a bell on the spin feeder to condition them to come on in. NOW we're hunting! :tsk: Heck they simply get conditioned to the sound of a spin feeder without a bell. Why do you think they make them with remotes? Yep, we are a "push button" society all right. Even in the woods.
If people want to shoot cattle, I'm sure slaughter houses will let them do it for little or nothing.
Just to be clear, I'm not talking about baiting. I'm talking about the benefits of supplemental feeding outside of hunting season.

Supplemental feeding is not going to bring CWD here, so your analogy with spreading AIDS doesn't work. If the disease is not in the population, it can't be spread. It's not like deer take interstate flights.
Its exactly the same. Unprotected sex doesn't cause AIDS either, it spreads it.

I just hope people use timed feeders. Just dumping big piles of corn tends to allow deer to be even more nocturnal than they already tend to be when the pressure is on.
I've heard this before and still don't understand it. Why would a continuously available artificial food source make deer more nocturnal than a continuously available natural food source?

I've heard this before and still don't understand it. Why would a continuously available artificial food source make deer more nocturnal than a continuously available natural food source?
Because they can load up on calories in minutes instead of hours .

I'm no expert. But I have had the fortune to learn from a few. Everyone can.
I've had this pointless conversation for years. Like I said, wasn't going to post because I know it's fruitless. But yeah, I'm weak I guess.
Yes I have a fairly passionate opinion about most all things hunting related. I probably shouldn't .
I've hosted/organized a few M&Gs. I'm going to "try" and make the lunch on the 6th.
Keep going with the posts. As long as you're willing to answer questions, I'm listening.

Its exactly the same. Unprotected sex doesn't cause AIDS either, it spreads it.
Once it's in a population. The population of deer in Mississippi is not the same as it is in Georgia and members of each never meet each other. That cannot be said of any human population.

Back
Top Bottom