• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Now is the time

herebyproxy

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
34   0
Reaction score
If you are not a member of the NRA or have some objection to the NRA, now is not the time to hold out. In the very near future there will be a test of the Second Amendment and everything it means and stands for. The NRA is the only credible group voice we gun owners have and we must support them. Please join the NRA. (I have no political or monetary interest here, just very aware of the coming assault)

A well written letter to our representatives will soften the onslaught of negative feedback demanding regulation, restriction, prohibition and outright ban of firearms.

Instead of feel good "laws" like the "The Gun Free School Zones" of 1990 a more realistic-effective approach to a lethal threat within our classrooms is long overdue and will require the public to make hard choices on allowing, training and maintaining counter measures within the school that provide an expeditious and if required lethal response immediately. Running and calling 911 is over rated when someone is being shot, stabbed or bludgeoned to death.

Focusing on the solution provided by the anti-gun proponents has come to no good and is a part of the problem we currently face. Or we as a nation can return to complacency and ignore it as the solution involves the very thing that the media is demonizing......

Last edited:
Gun.jpg

This comes to mind.....

I would have to agree with the above. Unfortunately, with things being reported the way they are, I think we will see a new ban soon. Does anyone have a credible source that says whether an AR was actually used or not? Some sources say it was used, others say it was found in the car. Still the shooter got them when he killed his mom.

Yes write well thought letters to your Senators and Congressman on Fed and State level but also join and support the NRA. Now more than ever.

I did read it was a "bushmaster rifle" in one article. But, that doesn't make it true, I'm sure it will be called some evil black assault rifle no matter what it was.

Blame the government for not properly protecting the school system...our most valuable possessions are left bare of any protection...I for one can defend my own household, but when i send my children off to school i cant watch them. It is there fault they let this lunatic force his way in and do what he wanted to do with little to no resistance. If we are to turn our children over to the local government on a daily basis, then they should provide the same level of security we can bestow upon our own household. The constitution is not a perfect science. We are granted the privilege of possessing what we need to, to protect ourselves and or families. When we are forced to turn our children over to the government inevitably through due process, by gun point if we fail to comply with the state laws requiring to school our children (save homeschooling), then they should provide the level of security necessary to reflect what we are able to provide outside the realm of that institution. Every time there is a school shooting they jump on the band wagon about gun control...How many have they had in the past five years 3 at least? I would pay an extra penny on the dollar if that is what it would take, to pay for the guards it would take to implement that system. My prayers go out to the Children, Families and real heroes, the teachers who gave up there lives to protect those children.

Back
Top Bottom