• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Official ODT Silver Thread

cool

let us know when/ if it arrives :)

Got them finally, they called me and wanted to sell me a $5 gold coin, since I’m not versed on gold i declined. How much would one be worth. 2006 $5 coin

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 16
Got them finally, they called me and wanted to sell me a $5 gold coin, since I’m not versed on gold i declined. How much would one be worth. 2006 $5 coin
A $5 US Gold Eagle is 1/10 oz. Current gold spot is $1239 so base value is $124, the rest is premium.
No more the $10-$15 over spot

ya i already searched but unfortunately couldnt find any close to this style

https://www.amazon.com/Coin-Folders...5&sr=8-1&keywords=whitman+mercury+dime+folder

for some reason they dont do earlier dimes and quarter series anymore so you can only get old style (i guess they figure the coins being so old and harder to find that no one will make an albulm often enough to justify the print)

but thanks, im gonna use the ebay link one

most id pay is 5 to 10 dollars over premium, but even thats high for me

the only fractional gold i would buy from this point forward would be if it was slabbed or mint slabbed; only way to justify the premium in my book plus it comes protected and easy to stack with the rectangle plastic

That's mighty steep for a 1/10 ounce Eagle. Back during the financial crash of '08-09, when i was in my brief metal-bug phase, several companies that sold in the NRA magazine, had these great introductory offers, of a Silver Eagle, or 1/10 Gold Eagle. IIRC the Silver Eagles were around $11 delivered, and the Gold Eagles were $90 delivered. They were slabbed and graded, and every order came with these really nice Baush & Lomb glass loupes. I have a bunch of those things, they're high quality, self contained magnifying glasses, I have them in my traveling back-pack, GHB/BOB's, car, etc.
Anyway,me and a bunch of guys on Survivalistboards kinda turned it into game, where we were all tag-teaming those guys, passing around various new offers, everybody trying to be the first to post the latest offer/code. We figured how to sidestep the introductory limit, and we were all hammering them regularly, every time a new offer popped up !! (these supposedly different companies, were actually the same operation, running under different names, and to this day i still get the occasional sales call from them).

I'm hardly on expert on metals or economics, but I used to be into the scene for a few years and hung out a good bit on the Kitco forum and other similar sites, so I know just enough to get into trouble :becky:, and I'm thinking the opposite.
I think gold has been (is still is) downwardly manipulated. Among other things, this was evidenced by the fact that it didn't go through the roof following the insane printing the Obama administration embarked on right after taking office in '09, as was expected by metals experts and economists, the world over.
The PTB's desperately don't want metals to be seen as "real money" or as any kind of sensible, safe haven. They eliminated it as daily-use currency for a reason, even criminalizing it's possession. This ultimately gave them a virtual monopoly, and carte blanche on currency manipulation, including the ability to almost infinitely fabricate more out of thin air (which is why we've seen a roughly 90% drop in the dollar's value in the last century).
Gold isn't so much priced in dollars (or a given fiat currency), as it is a direct reflection of the dollar's steadily decreasing value, which is basically a house of cards that they are intent on propping up as long as possible, but one that ultimately, and mathematically, MUST come crumbling down. This is why gold is artificially depressed and constantly vilified as being an archaic relic, with no modern, real world relevance. They want, and need, all of us invested in their electronic/paper system, and physical gold has always been a stick in the spokes to that.
Another point, in recent years we've seen numerous countries ask for their national gold reserves to be repatriated from the US and European depositories. Much of the world, particularly the BRIIC's consortium of nations, sees the writing on the wall, that the US dollar ain't long for this world, and that gold is still "real money". They don't want paper promises anymore.
As I understand, China stopped commercially exporting theirs, years ago, and has been discreetly and steadily buying more ever since, as they are also not idiots when it comes to the economic realities.
As for silver being preferable to gold, I bounced back and forth on this question for years, but from most of what I read, there really isn't any silver shortage. That's largely made up nonsense from the infomercial guys that are hawking the stuff.
Also, how many nations hoard silver in their central banks? Just about nobody, it's ALL gold.
How many international financial transactions are conducted in silver? Virtually zero, again, if it's not dollars, then it's largely gold.
Again, the price of gold is a lot like "inflation". People mistakenly think inflation is simply rising prices, but it isn't. It's a reflection of a currency devaluing, of losing it's buying power. Gold is very similar. It's not getting "more expensive", it's simply taking more and more devaluing currency to buy the stuff. In fact, along with food and fuel, it's the ultimate gauge of inflation/currency devaluation.
It's basically a canary in a coal mine, an indicator of troubled economic times and mortally wounded currencies. So gold isn't over-valued or over-priced, it's evidence that the world's fiat currencies are dead men walking.
And it hasn't even begun to get truly "expensive".....but it's gonna ;).

I think gold is overvalued compare to silver, or silver is undervalued. Historical silver to gold ratio is 25 to 1, now it hovers around 75 to 1 or 85 to 1.
So silver should be 3 times more expensive. I agree that banks have repatriating gold. Germany from US, Texas Retirement system from bank of New York. I cannot really see gold being worth 1/3 of what it is now, so silver has to be undervalued.

Back
Top Bottom