• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Official ODT Silver Thread

Oh, and for my side of the family Christmas gifts I got each a gram of gold and a 1oz silver coin. Probably go over like a turd in a punch bowl but maybe they will appreciate it?

Hope is goes over good. I wish I would have gotten gifts like that!

My parents give my kids silver for birthdays and Christmas and they love it.

I was lucky enough to just buy some 10oz bars from an auction with free shipping. With fees, shipping, etc. it was about 260 per bar which isnt too bad. I wish I has bought more when it was down around 18 an ounce.

Selling a 100 oz bar, $2600

20220902_224005.jpg

I thought again and another technique is to buy a little every month, kinda like the way your 401k (or what's left of it) works on dollar cost averaging over time.

Have you invested in I-bonds? Another safe investment are T-bills. But all that stuff's electronic money and could evaporate at the first solar flare/nuke/etc.
O'boy yes I do have I Bonds, but your post gives me the Heebee Jeebee's...

I thought again and another technique is to buy a little every month, kinda like the way your 401k (or what's left of it) works on dollar cost averaging over time.

Have you invested in I-bonds? Another safe investment are T-bills. But all that stuff's electronic money and could evaporate at the first solar flare/nuke/etc.

O'boy yes I do have I Bonds, but your post gives me the Heebee Jeebee's...
Sort of heebee jeebees myself thinking that my money market/savings could evaporate instantly

do we forget the lockdowns, when the banks didn't "allow" their customers to enter....could be as easy as that....oh, yeah, you could get at your "cd's your "stock accounts"....BUT....if you couldn't turn them into something you could use to buy things.....exactly what good would they be??? I wouldn't even think about putting my "stuff" in a safe deposit box either.....that's as stupid as thinking you can get to your money when times change, and I think I'm right on this....when they do, it'll be quicker than a cat can lick it's ass....

do we forget the lockdowns, when the banks didn't "allow" their customers to enter....could be as easy as that....oh, yeah, you could get at your "cd's your "stock accounts"....BUT....if you couldn't turn them into something you could use to buy things.....exactly what good would they be??? I wouldn't even think about putting my "stuff" in a safe deposit box either.....that's as stupid as thinking you can get to your money when times change, and I think I'm right on this....when they do, it'll be quicker than a cat can lick it's ass....
Saw a YouTube video recently about the FBI raiding a private safe deposit box business in So Cal. They seized damn near everything and didn't give any reason. So the burden of proof was suddenly on everyone who had rented one of the boxes. They're probably still holding some of the loot they STOLE from there.

Back
Top Bottom