• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ok guys. Why shorten a AR barrel from 16 inches to 14.5 just to pin and WELD a flash hider to get

14.5" is the correct length for a bayonet to attach properly. It matters to some people.

14.5" looks better to a lot of folks.

14.5" is a little more maneuverable in tight quarters. Keeps it non SBR, but still has a flash hider.

What would I need to do to a keltec plr16 in order to safely shoot a can on it? Is there different cans for different gas systems

Not so much the gas system as the barrel length. A lot of 5.56 cans have minimum barrel length requirements. I know my Griffin MSD is only warranted on 10" or longer barrels, and that's not a wimpy can.

With the popularity of AR pistols I'm sure there's some cans out there for shorter barrels though. I'm guessing the full-auto-rated ones wouldn't care as much about barrel length. You'ld probably want to talk to a tech at a place like Silencer Shop to find out what would work best.

Makes sense to me. Once the couple of 16” guns I have left wear out, I’ll replace the barrels with 14.5” P&W’s. I don’t mind attaching the flash suppressors “permanently” for the 1.5” or so shorter length.

Back
Top Bottom