• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Okay.. who will admit they got screwed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No cycle. There are no sellers without buyers.

And there are no stupid high prices without stupid, panicky idiots.

"there's an ass for every seat" I think it's a combo of having FTF off the books guns and people just having too much cash and not enough brains. See it everyday in the classic car business

No cycle. There are no sellers without buyers.

And there are no stupid high prices without stupid, panicky idiots.

Well...not every stupid high priced sale here is related to 'panicky idiots'.....some are just people who desire
to have what they want, when they want it....regardless of the additional to msrp costs.
Shields and Sr1911s are examples of this.
And you still have to have one to have the other. ;)
The more people buy, the more sellers there will be. But if you want to primarily blame buyers willing to pay premiums I am in agreement. This is the driving force behind those who keep sweeping the shelves to sell here and elsewhere.

I cant be a hypocrite though, if I happen to sell anything I own I will ask what the market will bear. Why should anyone do so?
I picked up a classic sought after pistol for $100....but if I were to sell it would probably fetch $800-1k
I dont create that market, it just is. That being said, I didnt buy it to sell, and have no intention of doing so
at this time. I do have a Glock that mostly sits around...that I have considered selling. If I did I guess the market would determine the price and the buyers would decide what to pay....and I am okay with that.

Well...not every stupid high priced sale here is related to 'panicky idiots'.....some are just people who desire
to have what they want, when they want it....regardless of the additional to msrp costs.
Shields and Sr1911s are examples of this.
And you still have to have one to have the other. ;)
The more people buy, the more sellers there will be. But if you want to primarily blame buyers willing to pay premiums I am in agreement. This is the driving force behind those who keep sweeping the shelves to sell here and elsewhere.
I cant be a hypocrite though, if I happen to sell anything I own I will ask what the market will bear. Why should anyone do so?
I picked up a classic sought after pistol for $100....but if I were to sell it would probably fetch $800-1k
I dont create that market, it just is. That being said, I didnt buy it to sell, and have no intention of doing so
at this time. I do have a Glock that mostly sits around...that I have considered selling. If I did I guess the market would determine the price and the buyers would decide what to pay....and I am okay with that.

yup, it's called capitalism, I have no issue with it either. It's not my job to inform a potential buyer of a "better deal" , said buyer is responsible for doing his/her own homework. That being said, capitalism is not the same as outright gouging ..

yup, it's called capitalism, I have no issue with it either. It's not my job to inform a potential buyer of a "better deal" , said buyer is responsible for doing his/her own homework. That being said, capitalism is not the same as outright gouging ..

I would concur.
I can generally tell the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom