• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Okay.. who will admit they got screwed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No harm, no foul except it wastes everyone's time. What is the point of listing a glock for $800? Thats just stupid and a waste of bandwidth and more importantly my time when I have to click on the ad to see the price and realize the seller is retarded.

Not a total waste of time..... I usually get a good chuckle out of those....

This problem may happen again 2014 if the Democrats win the house and there is a good chance of this happening.

If and when things settle down it would be time to buy ammo and other items so you can be prepared to weather another storm.

I bought enough before the 08 election that I can have ammo to shoot and not worry about replacing it.

This is my concern as well.

I think it will be close, but I sure hope Republicans can maintain control. In the Senate, the Republicans have a pretty good chance of getting control. There are much more "in play" seats up in 2014. In '12, there were realistically only a couple. This time, it will be more like a dozen.

The vote on Obamacare proved that there are no conservative (or moderate) democrats left. Not a single one. No one but a complete libtard would ever have rushed through and voted for a bill that no one had even read. And every single democrat voted for that one!

Well...not every stupid high priced sale here is related to 'panicky idiots'.....some are just people who desire
to have what they want, when they want it....regardless of the additional to msrp costs.
Shields and Sr1911s are examples of this.
And you still have to have one to have the other. ;)
The more people buy, the more sellers there will be. But if you want to primarily blame buyers willing to pay premiums I am in agreement. This is the driving force behind those who keep sweeping the shelves to sell here and elsewhere.

I cant be a hypocrite though, if I happen to sell anything I own I will ask what the market will bear. Why should anyone do so?
I picked up a classic sought after pistol for $100....but if I were to sell it would probably fetch $800-1k
I dont create that market, it just is. That being said, I didnt buy it to sell, and have no intention of doing so
at this time. I do have a Glock that mostly sits around...that I have considered selling. If I did I guess the market would determine the price and the buyers would decide what to pay....and I am okay with that.

Amen Brother......... You Get IT!!!
that is what this thread is about.....

Well...not every stupid high priced sale here is related to 'panicky idiots'.....some are just people who desire
to have what they want, when they want it....regardless of the additional to msrp costs.
Shields and Sr1911s are examples of this.
And you still have to have one to have the other. ;)
The more people buy, the more sellers there will be. But if you want to primarily blame buyers willing to pay premiums I am in agreement. This is the driving force behind those who keep sweeping the shelves to sell here and elsewhere.

I cant be a hypocrite though, if I happen to sell anything I own I will ask what the market will bear. Why should anyone do so?
I picked up a classic sought after pistol for $100....but if I were to sell it would probably fetch $800-1k
I dont create that market, it just is. That being said, I didnt buy it to sell, and have no intention of doing so
at this time. I do have a Glock that mostly sits around...that I have considered selling. If I did I guess the market would determine the price and the buyers would decide what to pay....and I am okay with that.

Thats is fine, people are free to pay whatever they want of course. The problem is the market is not at $800 for a used run of the mill glock. So people who ask that much are just wasting everyone's time, and OS's bandwidth.

My beef is not with pricing - people can ask/pay what they want. My beef is with people who buy multiple guns they have no intention of keeping. They are buying them for the express purpose of selling them here (or Armslist or Gunbroker) for a profit. They are not dealers, but they play one on the internet. They don't play by dealer rules. They don't pay dealer fees. Personally, I think they lack character, are irresponsible, and I won't knowingly buy from such a person.

This!!!!!!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thats is fine, people are free to pay whatever they want of course. The problem is the market is not at $800 for a used run of the mill glock. So people who ask that much are just wasting everyone's time, and OS's bandwidth.

It's his bandwidth and if he didn't want it - he'd stop it...

Thats is fine, people are free to pay whatever they want of course. The problem is the market is not at $800 for a used run of the mill glock.

I cant argue with that. lol...You wont see me paying that for one....especially given the fact that
if I am just a bit patient I can find a new one at below msrp at my LGS.

But, I also acknowledge that a $400ish used Glock a couple months ago is likely a $500ish (give or take) used one now too.
It just is what it is. It can change one way or another any time too.
That being said, I saw some really nice clean used Glocks within the last week at a retail
store for under $450. Some models however are harder to find.

I think you have to know what you're dealing with and what for. I always take the original purchase receipt with me on any trades/sales I do in case the buyer(s) would like to see it. I don't have anything to hide and one, it shows that I purchased the gun from a reputable business i.e. Pawn Shop/Army-Navy/Range and 2, you see what I actually paid for it. Like anything, if I purchased an item for a good price but the value is more, that should be understood by the buyer that is what it is worth. But, in the same token, what goes around comes around. If a seller is on here screwing people then they will get screwed one way or the other.

Just my $.02

your not fooling anybody......... if you going to talk the talk you gotta walk the walk..... public confession to price gouging, first line of description. just saying:nono:

http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/325980-Item-Gone!-FS-FT-Winchester-22-lr-45-per-555-rounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom