• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

One nice gun vs many "cheaper" guns

One nice gun or 2 ok guns?

• Total voters
A 1911 is an excellent EDC and when properly maintained I will trust it with my life every day for SD. However, my SHTF sidearm is a Glock because in that situation being able to do proper cleaning and care is a serious question. It's also set up to be primarily a 9mm, but can also us 40S&W. Why do I use a 45 for SD, but 9mm for SHTF? Because there is a big difference between SD and a firefight. In SD the first few rounds almost always determine the outcome, so I want a powerful round. In a firefight, capacity of the weapon is much more important, so I use a high cap. This also means that between the two weapons I can use any one of the three most popular handgun rounds. Different weapons for different jobs based on objective logic.

damn....your a master carry guy. Bet you keep Mustangs in your boots. :eek:

I didnt vote because I don't think its relative. If you mean to say would I rather have 1 Noveske or LMT vs a Colt and a DD then I'll take the cheaper route but I also don't consider the Colt and the DD to be "OK" guns. Same with 1 Wilson Combat vs a Colt and a Kimber. Give me the two guns because instead of having one 5" safe queen or a 4" carry gun I can have both. I am a collector in that I want a bunch of different guns, not necessarily the best of each.

I didnt vote because I don't think its relative. If you mean to say would I rather have 1 Noveske or LMT vs a Colt and a DD then I'll take the cheaper route but I also don't consider the Colt and the DD to be "OK" guns. Same with 1 Wilson Combat vs a Colt and a Kimber. Give me the two guns because instead of having one 5" safe queen or a 4" carry gun I can have both. I am a collector in that I want a bunch of different guns, not necessarily the best of each.

Well said.....and

IF I had any guns I'm sure I would have 7 handguns, 3 shotguns, 3 rifles, a SBR and a couple of suppressors.

That, plus a well trained sexy female trainee.

Many, many, many, cheap guns so that I can just throw them down and don't have to reload... Of course, I would prefer many, many, many expensive guns, but who can afford that :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, I get it. You are only making yourself look bad. That works.

As one 1911 fan to another, I guarantee I can get any of your 1911s to malfunction sooner that any Glock. The argument that a 1911 is as reliable as a Glock is settled. It's not. Is a 1911 reliable enough when properly cared for? Sure it is. But that's not the point that sinac84 is making.

Great minds think alike Bear!

Well said.....and

That, plus a well trained sexy female trainee.

I've been meaning to change that sig line. LOL

I'll also add that I will only buy quality firearms, maybe even shying away from certain guns on name only but again not going to spend $2000-$2500 on 1 gun unless I have everything else I wanted.

jam-o-matic is always assumed when speaking about Kimber. Instantly followed up by :frusty:

Well someone has to be the site Head Banger.
Grow with it, buy one of the "Wildly" over priced listed Kimbers. Rest it on a fence post or lean back on a sturdy river birch. If you drop it in the river, walk away and write it off as a life altering event.:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom