• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Openly Carrying A Rifle in GA

CutBait:

Uh, that only applies to having a land owner's permission to HUNT, FISH while armed, or SPORT SHOOT (targets).

CQB27 already had those bases covered, and yet he listed #4 as a totally separate and independent justification to carry a handgun on somebody else's property without a license.

As if their permission excuses you from having to have a GWL.
It doesn't, unless you're involved in one of these particular activities named
(hunting, target shooting).

We could add # 3.5 to the list:

(3.5) When you're riding in, or driving, a passenger motor vehicle that is not yours , but the person who it belongs to has not forbidden guns in that vehicle.

CutBait:

Uh, that only applies to having a land owner's permission to HUNT, FISH while armed, or SPORT SHOOT (targets).

CQB27 already had those bases covered, and yet he listed #4 as a totally separate and independent justification to carry a handgun on somebody else's property without a license.

So my employees for example...could they legally carry without a permit on my business property?

CutBait:

Are you aware of any case where a person, who was not a GWL holder, was on the property of a third party, who allowed him/her to carry, and they were not "engaged" in any of the enumerated activities, and that person was charged with carrying a concealed weapon? To your earlier point, it would be the same 'logic' IMO as allowing that person to carry in their car (which you pointed out is explicitly legal)
While I get your technical point, I find it really hard to believe that aspect of the law is ever enforced absent any other illegal activity.

CutBait:

Dilla season is always open

I don’t think he did.

(f)
(1) Any person with a valid hunting or fishing license on his or her person, or any person not required by law to have a hunting or fishing license, who is engaged in legal hunting, fishing, or sport shooting when the person has the permission of the owner of the land on which the activities are being conducted may have or carry on his or her person a weapon or long gun without a valid weapons carry license while hunting, fishing, or engaging in sport shooting.
(2) Any person with a valid hunting or fishing license on his or her person, or any person not required by law to have a hunting or fishing license, who is otherwise engaged in legal hunting, fishing, or sport shooting on recreational or wildlife management areas owned by this state may have or carry on his or her person a knife without a valid weapons carry license while engaging in such hunting, fishing, or sport shooting.
While on private property a man carrying a pistol is one draw stroke and trigger press away from sport shooting. As a result attempting to make a case of carry without a permit on private property absent some gun involved crime only happens in a book and the internet. Real life is real life.

Are you aware of any case where a person, who was not a GWL holder, was on the property of a third party, who allowed him/her to carry, and they were not "engaged" in any of the enumerated activities, and that person was charged with carrying a concealed weapon? To your earlier point, it would be the same 'logic' IMO as allowing that person to carry in their car (which you pointed out is explicitly legal)
While I get your technical point, I find it really hard to believe that aspect of the law is ever enforced absent any other illegal activity.
Of course he knows of no case outside of some other crime drawing the police to the location.......it's about being the faux expert and selling books, not much else. Absent some other probable cause or articulable reasonable suspicion that a crime was committed a LEO wouldn't even be able to inquire if the person on private property with a gun had a permit or not......it's really not that hard to come to a reasonable conclusion.

While on private property a man carrying a pistol is one draw stroke and trigger press away from sport shooting. As a result attempting to make a case of carry without a permit on private property absent some gun involved crime only happens in a book and the internet. Real life is real life.

Sport shooting is not allowed in about 99% of Athens Clarke County, (and other urban counties). Thus your alibi would be shot full of holes.

As to it likelihood of it actually occurring, arrests for illegally carrying a concealed weapon occur regularly in this scenario, especially in the gang context. Just because you be hanging with your homie in his bitche's crib, don't mean you can be there packing.

I would show you a case, but they don't ever get appealed.

Also, the statement in post #42 is not entirely correct. There are two different standards for the operator of a vehicle and a passenger. The operator has to not be disqualified from owning a firearm, the passenger has to eligible for a Georgia Weapons license - not the same thing,

Back
Top Bottom