• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Opinion: Should states have mandatory training to receive CCW license?

2nd-amendment-shirt-for-50.jpg

Mandatory training? NO!

Should you train? YES!

Its mandatory for me personally to train because like uncle Ben said: "with great power comes great responsibility" (spidermans uncle, not the guy on your box of rice).

To me its like other combative skills. I train my body in various fitness drills and combative sports training (think mma style training) because i want to be proficient with my tools/weapons available to me should the need arise (fists, elbows, legs) and i simply enjoy the benefits of it and its fun. A firearm when carried is an extention of you and your ability to fight/defend/protect (should the need arise) and therefore just as training your body makes ya more "fit for the fight" so firearms training makes ya more "fit for the fight" as does having proper mindset and paradigm.

So i believe we should take it upon ourselves to train in every aspect of life but when it comes to firearms, it should NOT be mandatory per our government. We exercise the right to protect ourselves and those we love FREELY.

As others I would say no need to license a Right.
Now seeing as we have the presumption that people will be responsible with their Rights but we know that is no always the case and with the current situation we have in GA with the state licensing I think the fees collected should be used to offer no charge training classes that would not be mandatory perhaps. Maybe offer discounts on incentives for the licensing for hose whom can demonstrate and pass a safety course? I think anyone whom would wield a an instrument capable of taking a life would want to be the most proficient with it for themselves and others.

No I belive I have the right to own and carry without a permit. That being said if they are going to require everyone to license and pay a fee it would be nice if they offered state, county, city funded training for first time ccw permit holders.

Didn't carry permits originate from trying to keep recently freed slaves from carrying firearms? Charging so much that they couldn't afford the permit like NWS brought up?

I am against mandatory training and even more against having to pay my local government to exercise a Constitutional Right!

No. Nothing but instructors getting together to line their pockets.

Want to make it mandatory, sure, also make it free as in no charge for the class, no tax money spent on it, and no pay to the instructor. Those pushing for mandatory classes will quickly lose interest if you take the money out of it.

It is reprehensible to charge money for a God given right.

Back
Top Bottom