• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Opinions on Atlanta?

What is your opinion on the city of Atlanta and the in-town suburbs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The last three nights while walking back from the pharr rd. P.O. - there is one particular bar that has rap playing on the patio next to the sidewalk. Lets just say that the loud "beat" only had four words repeating - M*** F***** this & the other - N*****dat . As my walk slowed to gently take in the wonderful tune the stares I got were priceless. I grew up in buckhead & it's a shame to see it so ghetto. I'm old so it doesn't matter but raise your children as far away if possible.

Doesnt matter how far away you take your kids, they wont escape rap music. White kids are the #1 consumer of hip hop. They’re drawn to it like moths to a flame.

Ok how about this comment. They get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations." This comment was given by Obama. If you look at Atlanta most people supported him and his anti American fundamentalism. So why would country people like the city. Sadly the majority of people that live in and control the cities for are an example of what is wrong with this country. Pretty much most major population areas vote left.

Put Obama's quote in a little more context:

"But the truth is, is that, our challenge is to get people persuaded that we can make progress when there’s not evidence of that in their daily lives. You go into some of these small towns in Pennsylvania, and like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing’s replaced them. And they fell through the Clinton administration, and the Bush administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not. So it’s not surprising then that they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

i also have to remember though i love Atlanta (even alot of the **** parts) i tend to love a lot of weird ****ty things so eh maybe its just not for everybody :noidea:. im sure many of the seedy establishment i love to frequent many of the fine class we have were would not be caught dead in, but thats where all the fun **** happens

It appears most of these people harping about the horrors of Atlanta haven't visited since the 90s and have no clue what they are talking about relevant to Atlanta in 2018.

It's like me saying Times Square is a drug infested, crack and prostitute riddled s--hole due to an impression I had from 1984.

You guys are stuck in a time warp.

It appears most of these people harping about the horrors of Atlanta haven't visited since the 90s and have no clue what they are talking about relevant to Atlanta in 2018.

It's like me saying Times Square is a drug infested, crack and prostitute riddled s--hole due to an impression I had from 1984.

You must be watching different news than I am.

www.thepeoplescube.com_images_Che_shirt_sells.gif

Maybe, but I like my "time warp".

You must be watching different news than I am.
When it's not news of a record setting drug bust in Duluth or Lawrenceville, most of Atlanta's crime happens in Southwest Atlanta. Midtown, Morningside, Virginia Highland, Poncy Highland, Old Forth Ward and City of Decatur are all nice, wealthy areas where crime is fairly low.

Back
Top Bottom