• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

OWB Open Carry opinions..............

Tactically stupid in most urban environments... great way to attract negative attention at best and good way to get shot first during an armed robbery or ambushed in the parking lot (from behind unless you have eyes in the back of your head) by someone who wants to take your gun.
Why give up the important advantage of surprise?

lol i like that

The OC vs CC debate is like the AR vs AK or Ford vs Chevy debate. The hard core people on either side will never admit the other side has a valid point.

Bottom line is that it's perfectly legal. Might you get confronted by an anti-gun person? Maybe. Might you get confronted by a LEO? Maybe. Might you get shot in the back of the head first in a robbery? Eh...it's possible, but no one can seem to cite an example of this ever happening.

On the other hand, there actually was a case when some bad guys were clearly deterred from robbing a place because they walked in and saw some customers openly carrying their handguns. Made the news because the bad guys got picked up while trying to figure out what to do. The implication of that, of course, is that it probably happens more often than anyone realizes.

And yes, I've had some people comment on my gun while open carrying. But 99% of the comments have been curious people wanting to know about the laws, where to get their permits, other gun people just wanting to talk guns, etc. Never had a MWAG call. Never encountered any LEOs.

It's my opinion that the negative aspects of OC are greatly exaggerated and the positives are greatly downplayed. I do both, depending on the situation, the weather, my mood, etc. So take that however you will. Whatever you end up doing, just carry.

This is how you open carry.

lolinter.net_highwayrifle.jpg

I have carried OWB a few times & concealed for many years. I have not ran into any issues in GA when I have OC. But for me I mostly don't want anyone to know that I am carrying a weapon.

I do both. Most days it's a glock 22 in a leather owb holster cover by a shirt, sometimes the shirt rides up a little, oh well. Other days it's a kel tec p11 in an iwb holster, or used with the kel tec clip option. I'm with DUNKEL, just carry and carry every day. I've never been "confronted" if my pistol is seen by someone, but I have been asked where and how to get a permit.

I carry my 1911 OWB with my shirt mostly covering. Im sure its seen by some but have never had any "confrontations" about it. Just carry however your cormfortable with it.

Kahr PM40 in a fobus paddle holster, under a Polo or Hawaiian style shirt. Ease of access, concealability, full bore in a compact package. Now THAT'S an ace in the hole.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom