• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Plumbing with pex. Tips tricks and advice, step on in .

Tell me more about the recirculating process,
The heater is gonna be 48 feet away from the bathroom .

Unless I put the large heater under the bathroom and get a small heater for the kitchen and feed it from the large heater.
Install a 3/4" retun line from the bathroom back to the water heater. Connect the return line to the cold water inlet with a check valve and pump that will pull the water back to the heater. Make sure the pump has an aqua stat built in. The pump should be 1/24th hp or less. Remeber you are moving heat not so much water.

Did my whole house. Ryobi makes this crimping tool. Worked great. https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-O...EX-Tubing-Clamp-Tool-Tool-Only-P660/305261211
Love the Ryobi 1+ stuff. Wife took the air pump up to the mountains, inflated everyone’s floats and inner tubes at the lake.
IMG_2654.png

Going to be plumbing my garage apartment with pex .
Probably buying a cordless expansion tool and using pex A

Who has done it and what advice ya got ?

I’ve done plenty of pvc and some copper and some galvanized and some pex with shark bites in the past for repairs and small jobs .

But not new construction .
I don't see any problem using CPVC pipe and fittings. It's been around for a long time.

It's for one of those tankless water heaters. Just another thing I don't want. They cost a lot of money
Yeah, plumber tried to sell me on tankless when my 10 year old 50 gallon electric unit died.
Cost of the unit, wiring, re-plumbing, it’d take at least 50 years to break even.
And that’s figuring 5 replacement quick recovery units, and the tankless going the full 50 without issues.

Back
Top Bottom