• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pocket Knife

I went to my boys b-ball game the other day and the cop at the door looked down and asked me to take my knife back to my car. I'll have to remember to put it in my pocket next time instead of on the clip. I hate when I forget to grab it in the morning. I will say that I lose a lot of knives though. I'm bad about putting them down while doing something and never picking it back up.

A guy without the foresight to carry a knife, probably also doesn't know how to use it properly and probably wants to open a bottle of beer or use it as a flat blade screwdriver...

I went to my boys b-ball game the other day and the cop at the door looked down and asked me to take my knife back to my car. I'll have to remember to put it in my pocket next time instead of on the clip. I hate when I forget to grab it in the morning. I will say that I lose a lot of knives though. I'm bad about putting them down while doing something and never picking it back up.

I used to do the same thing when I worked. Must have lost a dozen.
Did remember where I left one once, went back quickly to pick it up. Woman at desk said no, I did not leave it there. Asked her to call her supervisor so we could search her desk, she miraculously remembered it was indeed in her desk drawer. She said just didn't know what knife I was talking about. I told her boss the story anyway, probably nothing done, though.

I have a rotation of several folders from Steel Will, a Zero Tolerance and a Spyderco Para 2... Might be a Kershaw or two in there as well.

Lately I have been digging Steel Will. Amazing value and quality for the money...

20190118_073611.jpg

I've had a Gerber in my pocket for 25 years. Before that, I carried a Case my grandpa gave me when I was 10. Still have the Case.
The question should be do kids today know how to properly sharpen a knife? I taught Scouts and Scout leaders for years the proper way to use wet stones. Had one lady in an adult Training class hand me her Girl Scout knife, all rusted... 5 min later it worked and looked like new.

Back
Top Bottom