• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Price Gouging At Adventure Outdoors?

Adventure Outdoors is price GOUGING

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, I'm going to go list all my Pmags @ $25, my steel mags @ $20. I'll sell you a box of Tula 223 for $15. A mod will spend the rest of the day trying to delete all the negative price comments... but it's OK if I do it from a store front?

As long as someone will pay those prices it is in fact OK.

As long as someone will pay those prices it is in fact OK.

I know it's not against the rules, but but the thread will turn into a five alarm flame fest. It will spawn 5 threads about idiots trying to charge $25 for mags. I'm a pure capitalist, let the free market decide the fate of a seller, but I don't have a problem with people speaking their minds on what they think of said prices, or the service level provided.

The point I was trying to make is that we hold each other to a standard, why shouldn't we hold stores we deal with to the same standards? Never seen anyone taking issue with a Cherokee Gun and Pawn rocks post.

Last edited:
I know it's not against the rules, but but the thread will turn into a five alarm flame fest. It will spawn 5 threads about idiots trying to charge $25 for mags. I'm a pure capitalist, let the free market decide the fate of a seller, but I don't have a problem with people speaking their minds on what they think of said prices, or the service level provided.

Sure.

I wish there were more educated consumers to force a market correction.

The fact is they offer high prices with low standard of service but they keep printing money in that place.

Look man. That place sucks ass. My buddy tried to give them way to much to buy a pistol. At checkout he was "flagged". They told him it would take a day to process and he could get his gun the next day. After a week he went to ask WTF was up. Turns out the lil eye candy with cowboy boots was too stupid to enter his name properly. The "volume of the store would do well to offer better prices to customers but it looks to be the opposite. I just got a Black Friday email and it just made me laugh. They have been around for a while, but as rednecks learn to read and get the internets people start to learn about prices and know when they are being had. At the end of the day it all comes down to what you are willing to pay. Some people just like over paying for stuff. Just ask the dummies that bought all those twinkies.
Infraction! Racism! :mod:

:laugh:

Sure.

I wish there were more educated consumers to force a market correction.

The fact is they offer high prices with low standard of service but they keep printing money in that place.

Yeah, it's unfortunate that people don't educate themselves before making a purchase.

I sold cars for a minute when I was between jobs and I remember this fool with good credit paying new price for a used car at the second chance lot I was at because his sister referred him so she could skip a payment. I told the sales manager I couldn't do the deal, and he pretty much said "if you don't the next guy will, so do you want your bills paid or the next guy's?"

I got out of there as quick as I could, didn't have the stomach for taking advantage of ignorance, but I guess a lot of people do.

Don't even try to trade a gun there. they will give 1/3 used value. I know they have overhead costs but they are buying in volumn. But they were still 90.00 per case more on 1,000 rds of Tula than Cherokee Gun and pawn.

LAst time I was there Butler creek was 24.99 and the Rugers were 29.99 about month ago

It's begining to look a lot like Christmas........Now the can do their 50% off.....marketing man ....marketing. You use to find deals there. I got a nickle colt detective 3rd gen ...it would not close so 6 years ago they sold it for 275.00. I tightened the screw to the cylindar and bang it was fixed. There smith said he was so busy he did not have time to look at it when I asked for a screw driver. They used to have very good deal no doubt. But I think Jay (owner) let his son take over and this is what you get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom