• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Price Gouging At Adventure Outdoors?

Adventure Outdoors is price GOUGING

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I say everyone from ODT just bombard their facebook with Wall Posts. LOL. That will get their attention. Or at the very least keep someone busy deleting posts.

I just don't shop there. There is a sucker born every minute. If you pay that price without doing research to see who has it for the best price.... Well then you deserve to get had. Just my thoughts. I don't just buy things. I shop around.

Look man. That place sucks ass. My buddy tried to give them way to much to buy a pistol. At checkout he was "flagged". They told him it would take a day to process and he could get his gun the next day. After a week he went to ask WTF was up. Turns out the lil eye candy with cowboy boots was too stupid to enter his name properly. The "volume of the store would do well to offer better prices to customers but it looks to be the opposite. I just got a Black Friday email and it just made me laugh. They have been around for a while, but as rednecks learn to read and get the internets people start to learn about prices and know when they are being had. At the end of the day it all comes down to what you are willing to pay. Some people just like over paying for stuff. Just ask the dummies that bought all those twinkies.

Dude, its real. I would not have taken the picture if I thought they where not for real. The Butler Creek mag next to this one for $49.99 assured me the price was correct....

LAst time I was there Butler creek was 24.99 and the Rugers were 29.99 about month ago

I still don't see Gouging.

The accusation is inflammatory. If you want to say AO is overpriced, cool. If you want to say the checkout process at AO is overly laborious, perfect, but to accuse a private company of gouging is either disingenuous or agenda based.

captdave77 nothing but love here for you brother but I have to respectfully disagree and in some states there are laws against it during a “real crisis”. Posting it up for discussion is merely freedom of speech if it is true. If it was inaccurate then I would question motives but then this isn’t the case is it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_gouging

Onward,

I appreciate these heads up post (simple awareness) as it may influence where my coin will be spent. Thanks go to wwwboater for taking the effort of taking a picture as some would argue that you didn’t see what you saw and dismiss it.

If this was an isolated incident then that would be nothing of great concern (error of pricing?) but it’s not and is a consistent trend seen in a few stores. These kinds of “business” practices will not encourage growth and profits in the long term. I hope the short term profits offset the lost revenue. Hopefully AO will get wind of this and reconsider their business model and accept it as constructive criticism rather than bashing without sustenance.

As a truism “a fool and his money are soon parted”. Manufacture’s retail price $29.95 http://shopruger.com/10_22-BX-25-Magazine/productinfo/90361/ Charging twice the retail (for crucial items) due to a potential national "crisis" is wrong and some states have laws prohibiting it if it is deemed "price gouging".

Lets not forget about pricing comments on here as well. Say Joe bought one of these mags, really didn't want or on need it decides to put it on here for for 10 bucks less than he paid, which in his mindwould be a "deal" right? 50.00 for a new 60.00 one. But it is still 20.00 too high. We would not know that he originally got screwed. Some people who do not know would assume that a store would or could not gouge it's customers like some do. I think threads like these are great even if A.O is reading it. This is honest feedback from people that have visited their store, it's up to them with what that do with the feedback. I see that a lot of people dis like A O , but they moved to a huge new store and are still open. We may have a lot more than one sucker born a minute than we realize.

It is the consumers responsibility to know what the correct price should be. Adventure Outdoors is not the only sporting goods retailer in the Metro area. A smart consumer shops for the best price. All retailers have high priced items. Adventure Outdoors has the best prices on some of their firearms. The same could be said about any big box store!

captdave77 nothing but love here for you brother but I have to respectfully disagree and in some states there are laws against it during a “real crisis”. Posting it up for discussion is merely freedom of speech if it is true. If it was inaccurate then I would question motives but then this isn’t the case is it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_gouging

Onward,

I appreciate these heads up post (simple awareness) as it may influence where my coin will be spent. Thanks go to wwwboater for taking the effort of taking a picture as some would argue that you didn’t see what you saw and dismiss it.

If this was an isolated incident then that would be nothing of great concern (error of pricing?) but it’s not and is a consistent trend seen in a few stores. These kinds of “business” practices will not encourage growth and profits in the long term. I hope the short term profits offset the lost revenue. Hopefully AO will get wind of this and reconsider their business model and accept it as constructive criticism rather than bashing without sustenance.

As a truism “a fool and his money are soon parted”. Manufacture’s retail price $29.95 http://shopruger.com/10_22-BX-25-Magazine/productinfo/90361/ Charging twice the retail (for crucial items) due to a potential national "crisis" is wrong and some states have laws prohibiting it if it is deemed "price gouging".

It is freedom of speech but there is no option for the poll for "They suck but have the right to ask whatever they like". The poll question assumes "gouging" is an appropriate term for "overpricing".

The term itself is what I have loathe because on rare occasion, there actually is price gouging in the market and overuse of the term deadens the effect when it actually happens. It is crying "wolf".

I've said before I don't really care for AO. Their customer service it lackluster, the checkout procedure is horrendous, most of the clientele is intolerable, and the prices were never that good. I, however, am not their target market and most on here are in my boat. If we were the target market they would not sell hydro-imaged Hi-Points or yell at customers for inspecting a used guns before purchase.

Lol, I'm going to go list all my Pmags @ $25, my steel mags @ $20. I'll sell you a box of Tula 223 for $15. A mod will spend the rest of the day trying to delete all the negative price comments... but it's OK if I do it from a store front?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom