• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Price Gouging At Adventure Outdoors?

Adventure Outdoors is price GOUGING

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went for the first time on Saturday and I was totally shocked at their pricing, never been in any kind of sporting goods store that I didn't spend money, but I left there on Saturday with all of my money!!!

They could care less what the gun community overall thinks, they are simply trying to cash in on the stupidity of newbies. This is a ridiculous business model as most businesses survive off repeat customers and word of mouth. Once the folks that bought they're first gun there find out they got screwed do you think they will go back? Doubt it. I could understand a slight price increase but what they've done is inexcusable in my book especially when paired with the fear mongering in their ads.

Well said.

I have tried to shop there and gave up, and I work 5 minutes from them.

They've gotten big, and a lot of businesses tend to forget the values that helped them grow once they get big. They're writing off their core customers because they think they don't need us anymore.

Happens all the time, and that's when the little guy that's still hungry has the edge. Look at Classic City, he sells Pmags for what, $11? It may be a small piece, but I bet he has taken money away from the mighty AO. And him and others like him will keep growing, they'll start tapering off slowly.

Might take years, but it will happen.

I was there this afternoon for the first time. I noticed the same Ruger magazines and a whole lot more 'out of line' prices; at least in my book. Extension tubes for 12 gauge shotguns for $66.00. They did not even have any for Winchester. I did not buy anything either. I knew the police trade in shotguns would be ratty, but not that bad! Lots of people seemed to be buying stuff though???

I was there this afternoon for the first time. I noticed the same Ruger magazines and a whole lot more 'out of line' prices; at least in my book. Extension tubes for 12 gauge shotguns for $66.00. They did not even have any for Winchester. I did not buy anything either. I knew the police trade in shotguns would be ratty, but not that bad! Lots of people seemed to be buying stuff though???

What brand tubes were they? 66 is not unheard of.....And could be an exceptional price.

Ww boater, Chuck i think it is, you have a firearms and ammo business, I saw you at the gun show Sunday , very surprised you would openly draw negative attention to another business of your type!!!!! What's your agenda? I won't do business with you from now on! Don't. Like the way you conduct yourself. Sorry . Very surprised at your public display of criticism of another business.

Wouldn't Him calling attention to their mark ups be a public service announcement?

I still don't see Gouging.

The accusation is inflammatory. If you want to say AO is overpriced, cool. If you want to say the checkout process at AO is overly laborious, perfect, but to accuse a private company of gouging is either disingenuous or agenda based.

I had two idiot salesmen in there Monday trying to sell me on a gun I already wanted (G17) trying to tell me I better get them while they still come with "HI CAP" magazines. I politely handed him the gun back and said no thanks and left the store without spending a dime. Not to mention I asked if they had any 1911 mags and he handed me a scratched up Kimber mag (which I do not like Kimber mags anyways) and said that was all they had and tried to charge me $49.99 for 1 damn scratched up looking Kimber magazine. Not to mention everyone of their usual "doorbuster" sale guns that they always advertise has went up by at least $50.00 per gun. I left went to my LGS and ordered what I wanted actually MUCH cheaper. Sucks I got to wait on it to get here but I would rather spend my money with people who care instead of DOUCHEBAGS PRAYING ON THE FEARFUL FOR A PROFIT. These MFers actually try to come off like high and mighty gun advocates but they are some of the GREATEST FEAR MONGERS OF ALL. THEY WILL NEVER GET ANOTHER DIME OF MY MONEY. /rant

So chuck, yeah Craig picks one product out of thousands they sell and post a trash em post, jay Wallace has been in business a long time and has payed his dues! I hope Craig is not teaching his sons this type of business practices

Holy crap, man. So do you wear kneepads every time you go to AO, or only certain occasions?

AO is one of the worst businesses I have ever dealt with. Yes, it's their right to charge whatever the Hell they want for their merchandise, but that doesn't make it ethical. I stopped doing business with them years ago and refuse to set foot in the new store. If I'm not buying from an individual, Hi Caliber is it for me. AO is a cancer in the firearms community.

I still don't see Gouging.

The accusation is inflammatory. If you want to say AO is overpriced, cool. If you want to say the checkout process at AO is overly laborious, perfect, but to accuse a private company of gouging is either disingenuous or agenda based.

I did not accuse! I asked if it was price gouging, hence the question mark in the title and the poll asking your opinion. If you read my later post I even say it is not gouging per the definition of gouging.

Thanks to everyone for sharing your thoughts and opinions, either way.

Holy crap, man. So do you wear kneepads every time you go to AO, or only certain occasions?

AO is one of the worst businesses I have ever dealt with. Yes, it's their right to charge whatever the Hell they want for their merchandise, but that doesn't make it ethical. I stopped doing business with them years ago and refuse to set foot in the new store. If I'm not buying from an individual, Hi Caliber is it for me. AO is a cancer in the firearms community.

HAHAHA, wow... I agree with your take on AO. not for me. Clearly some people are friends with the owner, etc. (if this is the case, please talk to him about his ****ty personnel) and some of the comments are from people that work at similar businesses. (as an FYI, I'm simply a consumer in this industry)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom