• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Prostate Cancer

Thank you for sharing that insight. Especially the DaVinci surgery option. I will read up on that.

2 minutes ago#47
I am 71 years old. I am just before being treated with the CyberKnife here in Marietta, Kennestone Hospital Cancer Center. You need to read about this treatment. IT'S NOT SURGERY!! I found out last August I had prostate cancer. My oldest brother had this procedure and is cancer free since 5 years ago. He works for the US Attorney's Office in Savannah, Georgia. There are many success stories to hear. Some physicians will only suggest their method of treatment so they benefit financially. They tend to rush you to have their treatment. GET A SECOND OPINION from another physician that uses a different procedure. I suggest Cyberknife.

IMPORTANT: If you are a veteran that served in Vietnam on the ground or was a brown water sailor (river boats and such), you will qualify for up to a 100% disability through the Veterans Administration. Go see a representative of the Georgia Department of Veteran Affairs in your area. No appointment, first come, first served. They will do all the paperwork and represent you to get VA Benefits without charge. In fact, call them before you go and ask them what you need to bring with you. You can sit with a VA Urologist (many from Emory) and get their opinion about CyberKnife and help you decide. Also know, the VA will treat you for prostate cancer at the VA Hospital in Augusta.

PM me if you want to talk to me. I will be happy to. Served four years in the US Navy-Air Wing, two tours Vietnam, USS Kitty Hawk.

2 minutes ago#47
I am 71 years old. I am just before being treated with the CyberKnife here in Marietta, Kennestone Hospital Cancer Center. You need to read about this treatment. IT'S NOT SURGERY!! I found out last August I had prostate cancer. My oldest brother had this procedure and is cancer free since 5 years ago. He works for the US Attorney's Office in Savannah, Georgia. There are many success stories to hear. Some physicians will only suggest their method of treatment so they benefit financially. They tend to rush you to have their treatment. GET A SECOND OPINION from another physician that uses a different procedure. I suggest Cyberknife.

IMPORTANT: If you are a veteran that served in Vietnam on the ground or was a brown water sailor (river boats and such), you will qualify for up to a 100% disability through the Veterans Administration. Go see a representative of the Georgia Department of Veteran Affairs in your area. No appointment, first come, first served. They will do all the paperwork and represent you to get VA Benefits without charge. In fact, call them before you go and ask them what you need to bring with you. You can sit with a VA Urologist (many from Emory) and get their opinion about CyberKnife and help you decide. Also know, the VA will treat you for prostate cancer at the VA Hospital in Augusta.

PM me if you want to talk to me. I will be happy to. Served four years in the US Navy-Air Wing, two tours Vietnam, USS Kitty Hawk.

I forgot to say, the VA recognizes those veterans that were in Vietnam (on the ground) subject to Agent Orange that developed prostate cancer for disability payment and treatment. Agent Orange has been linked to accelerating the growth of prostate cancer to veterans that were exposed to it while serving in Vietnam. Share this with fellow veterans.

I fell into that category while serving in Vietnam. They awarded me 100% about two years ago. However it is not permanent. I was informed even though I had it and underwent 45 radiation treatments, it was on a temporary basis and can be withdrawn if I am cured. This coming Thursday they scheduled me for an appt with the Compensation and Disability unit to determine if I am worthy of their disability payment.

Yeah, Agent Orange exposure is like instant prostate cancer. My best friend is collecting 100% VA disability but you wouldn't know it to look at him. He is active retired, rides his Harley, mows lawn on his John Deere, up and at 'em every day. He will be 72 on March 8. Viet Nam Vet, artillery unit, initial PSA was off the chart....like 40 something!!! Had surgery in Indy, goes back twice a year for checkups, was on Lupron for a while. He had his surgery 10+ years ago.

Yeah, Agent Orange exposure is like instant prostate cancer. My best friend is collecting 100% VA disability but you wouldn't know it to look at him. He is active retired, rides his Harley, mows lawn on his John Deere, up and at 'em every day. He will be 72 on March 8. Viet Nam Vet, artillery unit, initial PSA was off the chart....like 40 something!!! Had surgery in Indy, goes back twice a year for checkups, was on Lupron for a while. He had his surgery 10+ years ago.

Great to hear these type stories. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom