• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Prostate Cancer

Was diagnosed with prostate cancer at 65, am now 71, had it removed. Earlier this year found out that it was beginning to return and underwent 39 radiation treatments. Had I known more at the time of the first diagnosis about the side effects of removing the prostate, I might have decided on radiation at the first.

I'm 52, diagnosed in April. I went with the seeds, implanted in late June.

Mine is/was a slow grower, Doc said if I was 65 he would just monitor it closely.

The possible bad side effects of removal, or seeds and external beam radiation is why I went with just seeds. All is going well with no real bad side effects, and everything is still working. I'll know more after my follow up in October.

I was diagnosed with cancer at age 70 two years ago. Had the DaVinci Robotic surgery and walked out of the hospital in less than 24 hours and went to Outback for supper. The ordeal was less than having a wisdom tooth pulled. The worst thing about it was I couldn't ride my motorcycle or do any lifting for 6 weeks. I an cancer free at this point.

Was diagnosed with prostate cancer at 65, am now 71, had it removed. Earlier this year found out that it was beginning to return and underwent 39 radiation treatments. Had I known more at the time of the first diagnosis about the side effects of removing the prostate, I might have decided on radiation at the first.

I was diagnosed with cancer at age 70 two years ago. Had the DaVinci Robotic surgery and walked out of the hospital in less than 24 hours and went to Outback for supper. The ordeal was less than having a wisdom tooth pulled. The worst thing about it was I couldn't ride my motorcycle or do any lifting for 6 weeks. I an cancer free at this point.

Are you a Vietnam veteran? I would like to talk to you if you are. PM me. I served 1966-1977, US Navy Air Wing.

I'm 52, diagnosed in April. I went with the seeds, implanted in late June.

Mine is/was a slow grower, Doc said if I was 65 he would just monitor it closely.

The possible bad side effects of removal, or seeds and external beam radiation is why I went with just seeds. All is going well with no real bad side effects, and everything is still working. I'll know more after my follow up in October.

I may have posted earlier in this thread, but also went with 99 seeds at RCOG and 30 radiation treatments a month later in 2004 at the age of 70. Also had melanoma in 2009. God has been Great.

I may have posted earlier in this thread, but also went with 99 seeds at RCOG and 30 radiation treatments a month later in 2004 at the age of 70. Also had melanoma in 2009. God has been Great.

I hope all is still going well , or atleast as well as can be.

Keep on keeping on is all we can do!

My father was diagnosed at 70. Original doc wanted to remove it. He went to Indiana University hospital urology grip. They watched it and perscribed avadart I believe. At 82 he had cryogenic (spelling) treatment - froze tissue. He is now 87 and PSA is creeping up again. Good luck consider all options. Jim

Back
Top Bottom