• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PSA: B&B charcoal SUCKS.

By the way, for those that claim BGE is far superior to Royal Oak …

1696188588372.png

I have had my eggs for 12 years. BGE was/is made by RO. I’ve tried alot of different brands and have always gone back to Royal Oak. It just seems to burn more consistently to me. B&B and Cowboy was the worst. Just lighting up with a torch made it like 4th of July with sparks and popping.

Ran the smoker with my homemade charcoal yesterday.

I'm NEVER going back to store bought/bagged stuff.

Did a five hour cook on my Weber Smokey Mountain, with a pork shoulder. Added some salmon and brats at the 3.5 hour mark. Got more smoke, a LOT more, than I've ever gotten with commercial charcoal. Also found it easier to keep the temperature consistent. All three meats were over the top delicious. I've been using this smoker for nearly a decade. This was the best tasting meat that's ever come off that grill.

This stuff is excellent. It was $31 for a 22lb bag. The Royal oak lump I last bought was $32 for 15 lbs. and it had rocks in it! Just found these rocks (and several more) below when I cleaned out my smoker and I last used Royal Oak lump. Pics of the Meathead shown also. It’s def a better quality products.

I had the same thing happen with Royal Oak. Damn near interrogated my kids to death trying to figure out which one of them was putting rocks in my smoker :lol:

Back
Top Bottom