• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PSA: B&B charcoal SUCKS.

Minnie Lou eats wood!
#stickburnernation

Screenshot_20210829-143033_Gallery.jpg

How did the Meathead charcoal work?
This stuff is excellent. It was $31 for a 22lb bag. The Royal oak lump I last bought was $32 for 15 lbs. and it had rocks in it! Just found these rocks (and several more) below when I cleaned out my smoker and I last used Royal Oak lump. Pics of the Meathead shown also. It’s def a better quality products.

Attachments

• IMG_3534.jpeg
    IMG_3534.jpeg
    242.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3533.jpeg
    IMG_3533.jpeg
    193.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3532.jpeg
    IMG_3532.jpeg
    257.6 KB · Views: 9
This stuff is excellent. It was $31 for a 22lb bag. The Royal oak lump I last bought was $32 for 15 lbs. and it had rocks in it! Just found these rocks (and several more) below when I cleaned out my smoker and I last used Royal Oak lump. Pics of the Meathead shown also. It’s def a better quality products.
1696183151004.png

That Royal ****s junk. FOGO aint cheap bit its damn good. BIG GREEN EGG brand is good also. Something my brother uses if I remember, Called Jealous Devil? It's pretty good

I paid extra for the rocks. (I think it was actually a two pack). Either way I paid for rocks. In my dang charcoal!
I haven’t gotten many but I’ve gotten a few. Seeing how the big folks produce and package it, I’m surprised there aren’t more. I guess I figured it wasn’t only royal oak.

I haven’t gotten many but I’ve gotten a few. Seeing how the big folks produce and package it, I’m surprised there aren’t more. I guess I figured it wasn’t only royal oak.
First I’ve seen. May have just never noticed. How do they package it? Bobcat and a conveyor into bags?

Maybe it’s junk, I don’t know. But I’ve never f’d up a brisket because my charcoal sucked. Royal Oak never made me forget to put in a plate setter…

I always used BGE charcoal until I got a $35 bag full of marble sized pieces. From that point, I pay more attention to the bag than the brand. You can get a good idea by feel. FOGO is really good as are others, but I bet there’s some beat up bags of scraps from them too.

I sound like bbq Vess. Sorry fellas

This thread reminds me a story about a buyer at Bi-Lo in Mauldin, SC who poopooed a salesman's claims regarding charcoal and how/what it's made from. I think it was the Royal Oak brand salesman who wanted to test the buyer's taste in charcoal. He cooked a couple of steaks on two type/brands of charcoal and the buyer tasted the steaks and decided he liked both, but one had a slightly better flavor than the other.

The salesman, grinning, asked the buyer if he could tell which of the two steaks had been cooked over charcoal which had been made with burned dog feces and which was cooked over wood charcoal.

LOL!

Back
Top Bottom