• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Publix standing rib roast-$6.99 lb

Publix is always high on everything, aside from select sales. 99% of my grocery money ends up at Kroger. Will be stopping for a roast or three this week though!
I’ve always found Publix to be competitive on pricing, with cheery employees, but I mostly shop them for the bogos.
Every Kroger I’ve ever shopped just seems dirty, with rude, drone-like employees. Must be the union influence.
’’cain’t fahr me, ah’m a union man’’.

I’ve always found Publix to be competitive on pricing, with cheery employees, but I mostly shop them for the bogos.
Every Kroger I’ve ever shopped just seems dirty, with rude, drone-like employees. Must be the union influence.
’’cain’t fahr me, ah’m a union man’’.
Maybe so. but Publix treat their employees like Shyte. I'll tell you why before you say anything. My grandson was out sick a couple of days with this stuff that's going on, running a temp of 102. Next week they cut his hours to 2 days. A month later last week same thing, his hours next week is 1 day. Other than being sick this is all he has missed, of course he transferred from Cartersville store to Rome. And Rome is where this happened. The Manager in Cartersville was wanting to make him a Department Manager, but they moved and couldn't drive that far. You see the pattern his boss or (SOB) is. So a union wouldn't allow this to happen. My guess is the boss there is a Democrat. So if I buy one it would be in Cartersville.
I told him to go to HR and file that being it happened twice.

Maybe so. but Publix treat their employees like Shyte. I'll tell you why before you say anything. My grandson was out sick a couple of days with this stuff that's going on, running a temp of 102. Next week they cut his hours to 2 days. A month later last week same thing, his hours next week is 1 day. Other than being sick this is all he has missed, of course he transferred from Cartersville store to Rome. And Rome is where this happened. The Manager in Cartersville was wanting to make him a Department Manager, but they moved and couldn't drive that far. You see the pattern his boss or (SOB) is. So a union wouldn't allow this to happen. My guess is the boss there is a Democrat. So if I buy one it would be in Cartersville.
I told him to go to HR and file that being it happened twice.
Maybe so, but I’ve only encountered a rude employee once in years of dealing with Publix. Reported her to a manager, never saw her again. Most are usually cheerful and very helpful.
Kroger has some of the rudest, most surly individuals that have ever walked the earth. Even the managers.
The reason we don’t shop there.
And I was a member of a union for 40 years, so I know how they work.

Maybe so, but I’ve only encountered a rude employee once in years of dealing with Publix. Reported her to a manager, never saw her again. Most are usually cheerful and very helpful.
Kroger has some of the rudest, most surly individuals that have ever walked the earth. Even the managers.
The reason we don’t shop there.
And I was a member of a union for 40 years, so I know how they work.
I've never been a union member, I kept my money. Work around union members 43 years until I retired, some were good folks, some were assholes, I let know right off the bat, I didn't put up with it, you can get along or I'll get you gone.

still have one from last year.....it's kill'n me!!!
I know...I'll probably get run out of this thread....BUT....I was think'n, I could thaw out my frozen one, and grind it up to make burgers, and what not....any thoughts??? I'll bet it would make some damn good ground beef!!! A little pricey, but the taste might make up for it????

still have one from last year.....it's kill'n me!!!
I know...I'll probably get run out of this thread....BUT....I was think'n, I could thaw out my frozen one, and grind it up to make burgers, and what not....any thoughts??? I'll bet it would make some damn good ground beef!!! A little pricey, but the taste might make up for it????
I believe it was $5.99 last year, but even at $6.99 ground ribeye is a fantastic deal. I would highly recommend doing it. Ground chuck is on sale for $5.99, so not a huge price gap. Grind that ribeye with a little bit of brisket :D

I was a little disappointed this year. Went to two Publix's and they both had 2 left. Went 2 different days too. Ended up getting one, but seems like the didn't have as much on hand this year as last year. Oh well, the one I got is a good one. We're planning on doing a rib roast for New Year's day.

Back
Top Bottom