• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Publix standing rib roast-$6.99 lb

I believe it was $5.99 last year, but even at $6.99 ground ribeye is a fantastic deal. I would highly recommend doing it. Ground chuck is on sale for $5.99, so not a huge price gap. Grind that ribeye with a little bit of brisket :D
I was think'n about adding some brisket....wish I had picked some up back when it was on sale.....bought a patty maker, and the "patty paper" yesterday.....looking to get an LEM "big bite" #8 grinder....

I was a little disappointed this year. Went to two Publix's and they both had 2 left. Went 2 different days too. Ended up getting one, but seems like the didn't have as much on hand this year as last year. Oh well, the one I got is a good one. We're planning on doing a rib roast for New Year's day.
It's not that they only have two left, but the displays won't go up until the 15th and they aren't going to over produce and shrink out product that won't make it in the shelf until Christmas. If you ask, they will cut you whatever your heart desires.

Plenty here in Roswell
picked this one up this morning
BTW....they will keep like this for at least a month in the refrigerator...once cut into not so much
20231210_094947.png

Plenty here in Roswell
picked this one up this morning
BTW....they will keep like this for at least a month in the refrigerator...once cut into not so much
View attachment 6585721
They never have them vacuum packed like that over here, they're packaged in the styrofoam trays with plastic wrap. I guess I could ask the butcher for a whole one like this?

I just picked up a 3 bone (8#) roast, now to vacuum seal & freeze it until the 22nd or 23rd. I plan on dry-rubbing it and smoking it until about 115f then turn the oven on about 500f and doing a final crust until IT of 125f and let rest.

I really don't want to freeze it but the date on it is the 15th. I hope they extend the sale for another week, I will pick up another 1 or 2 and freeze them.

Back
Top Bottom