• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Question for fanboys and mall ninjas

You happen to know any Canadians, I would like a Norinco 1911 :)
I wish man! They also can buy Colt Diemaco 6921's (the 14.5 M4 semi auto carbine) there a very reasonable prices without paying additional tax because it's an SBR in America. Those Canuk's have a few things better than we do, lol.

Totally forgot the Judge that I had, for about 10 minutes, that I shot the 45LC from. Hurt so bad that I listed it the same day... Problem was, tiny grip and huge hands do not make for a pleasant shooting experience.
That Vaquero has man size grips but you still gotta hold on good when you squeeze off one of those CorBon rounds. Heck man, you’ve shook hands with me, I don’t have small hands especially for my overall size. Yours are thicker than mine but not by a whole lot. I slapped the piss out of a guy once and knocked out a molar and loosened another one. Lol!

I have a couple of guns that no one could buy, that is, unless someone's certifiably insane. Even Daddy and Papa would say "Take that fool's money!" Are they heirlooms to me? Yep.

Maybe it boils down to one's definition of heirloom. Is it an emotional attachment or some arbitrary physical worth?

I wish man! They also can buy Colt Diemaco 6921's (the 14.5 M4 semi auto carbine) there a very reasonable prices without paying additional tax because it's an SBR in America. Those Canuk's have a few things better than we do, lol.
Looks like that might be ending soon, I understand they’re about to try to ban dang near all guns except some shotguns and hunting rifles up in the great white north.

I have a couple of guns that no one could buy, that is, unless someone's certifiably insane. Even Daddy and Papa would say "Take that fool's money!" Are they heirlooms to me? Yep.

Maybe it boils down to one's definition of heirloom. Is it an emotional attachment or some arbitrary physical worth?

This is true. I have a double barrel 410 that my mother gave me. Value is probably around $100? I wouldn't take a million for it. Not only is/was my mother's (she is still w us), but my grandfather carved the stock and forearm for it by hand. Got a 30-30 w similar attachment to it, but that one is a long story!!

I’ve personally seen it play out both ways. My great granddad didn’t really care for guns but had a few. These guns had no real monetary value but my cousins cherished them for that sentimental value. Also seen brothers fighting over grandads Browning Auto 5.

Looks like that might be ending soon, I understand they’re about to try to ban dang near all guns except some shotguns and hunting rifles up in the great white north.
That's terrible news, especially considering I read the other day the Trudeau intends to allow 1 million new immigrants to flood into Canada in the next three years. Better get those cheap Norinco 1911s and 6921s while they can!

Yes, everything handed down to me from my father and grandfather, my own hunting guns and collectibles. My AR and Glock/Polymer pistol is for security, freedom, deference, offense, and just a hell of a lot of fun to put hundreds of rounds through.

I’ve personally seen it play out both ways. My great granddad didn’t really care for guns but had a few. These guns had no real monetary value but my cousins cherished them for that sentimental value. Also seen brothers fighting over grandads Browning Auto 5.
I'm still trying to decide who will get mine, if I have any left at the time of my demise. It'll be my Godson probably.

My point really is that I see guys who think these are only guns worth having because “Reliable” and refer to guns as “perfect tools for the job.” Well a hammer is a perfect tool for driving a nail but I don’t love my hammers.

Is it wrong to love a hammer?
..,asking for a friend...

Back
Top Bottom