• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question for LEOs and advocates

You should probably read my long winded post one more time so you understand it. The examples I made are the standard. Your example is the exception. (Ex)cops committing crimes and losing their jobs over it has ZERO to do with the fact that police are constantly criticized for wrong doing where there is none. For every cop arrested for DUI there are thousands doing their jobs faithfully and honestly. But people aren't interested in that. They relish articles like the one you posted because they take some sort of pleasure from seeing people in authority screw up, as if it somehow validates their dislike of police. Then they post on forums about "cops they know" or "things they've seen cops do"

My reading comprehension is fine. You and I have a different perception. There is a prison in south GA full of ex cops and child molesters. Cops and ex cops won't listen to someone else's point of view as they know what's right. You ever been in a situation where you watched a fellow officer cross the line? What did you do? What was your action?

Did you know speeding is against the law? Police do it off duty all the time, they give each other a pass as well as fire fighters. That's one of the most simple examples I have for you. But you didn't do that right? Never.

I got a buddy who's kid got a speeding ticket, so he went to the cop that wrote his son the ticket, he said "look man, I am a cop too, can you drop the ticket? I am the one that is going to have to pay it." The cop that wrote the ticket said "no" that's it, that's all he said! That still makes me laugh!

Last edited:
The citizens are DBs because they are trying very hard to get officers to do something stupid. Unfortunately, far too often it works, however training in this area has reduced embarrassing mistakes by officers. If you don't want to be seen as a DB then be pleasant and politely answer any possible questions. Hopefully you wont end up with DB officers like the ones in Texas that made the news this week.

Sure there are some jerks with badges, but I wouldn't want to put up with half the crap and scumbags they deal with on a daily basis. Not an easy job and one I wouldn't want.

The citizens are DBs because they are trying very hard to get officers to do something.

Agreed, why would you even want to do something to try and cause a scene, just say somebody, not necessarily even a LEO kills you because they get nervous, sure they would be wrong, but you would be shot, all so you could prove some foolish point and make a YouTube video?

My reading comprehension is fine. You and I have a different perception. There is a prison in south GA full of ex cops and child molesters. Cops and ex cops won't listen to someone else's point of view as they know what's right. You ever been in a situation where you watched a fellow officer cross the line? What did you do? What was your action?

Did you know speeding is against the law? Police do it off duty all the time, they give each other a pass as well as fire fighters. That's one of the most simple examples I have for you. But you didn't do that right? Never.

I got a buddy who's kid got a speeding ticket, so he went to the cop that wrote his son the ticket, he said "look man, I am a cop too, can you drop the ticket? I am the one that is going to have to pay it." The cop that wrote the ticket said "no" that's it, that's all he said! That still makes me laugh!

Your post is full of epic fail and here's why:

#1, you're right, there is a prison full of police officers and politicians and judges, its called Long State Prison in Ludowici. It holds roughly around 230 inmates. There are approximately 30 other state prisons in Georgia that house an average of 1,250 inmates that used to be businessmen, bankers, plumbers, electricians, and every other occupation. Police officers screw up, some break the law, and some get caught and pay the price like they should. LE is full of great guys, but a few slip through the cracks and get through, you know, like every other occupation known to man?

#2, You're right speeding is against the law, and almost everyone is guilty of it, including myself, its a bad habit, and if I get caught doing it then I'll pay the price. Sometimes LE and firefighters get breaks on tickets, but so do other people who are not in public safety. I've given tickets to several police officers and firefighters that did wrong and I know plenty of other officers who have also. Also, how do you know who stateline gave citations to and who he didn't? I mean honestly, your attitude and sarcasm about it is kind of childish. You're just assuming he did that just because he doesn't agree with you or have the same opinion as you. Grow up man and have a debate without the childish remarks, don't be that guy.

#3, I really don't see anything wrong with this story, but since I addressed the other 2 paragraphs, I figured I'd go over this one to. Kid got ticket, cop dad tried to get it dropped. Cop dad failed, ticket stuck. Only thing wrong with this story is that the dad paid his kid's ticket for him.

The citizens are DBs because they are trying very hard to get officers to do something stupid. Unfortunately, far too often it works, however training in this area has reduced embarrassing mistakes by officers. If you don't want to be seen as a DB then be pleasant and politely answer any possible questions. Hopefully you wont end up with DB officers like the ones in Texas that made the news this week.

That is the problem isn't it?

The polite guy in me wants to talk as if I would with anyone in line at the coffee shop but the potential defendant in me needs to shut the f up.

The classic opportunity to incriminate oneself: "Do you know how fast you were going?"
At this point I can be legally right but socially wrong. "The question is: Do you know how fast I was going" or "Here is my DL an insurance. With all due respect, officer, I am going to observe my right to remain silent." The even more advisable but much more rude "......" in an option too.

#2, You're right speeding is against the law, and almost everyone is guilty of it, including myself, its a bad habit, and if I get caught doing it then I'll pay the price. Sometimes LE and firefighters get breaks on tickets, but so do other people who are not in public safety. I've given tickets to several police officers and firefighters that did wrong and I know plenty of other officers who have also. Also, how do you know who stateline gave citations to and who he didn't? I mean honestly, your attitude and sarcasm about it is kind of childish. You're just assuming he did that just because he doesn't agree with you or have the same opinion as you. Grow up man and have a debate without the childish remarks, don't be that guy.

You make presumptions as well without knowing my previous background. I don't see anything childish about my statements, you are quick to judge, to be expected, you state hypocrisy in your response.

#2, You're right speeding is against the law, and almost everyone is guilty of it, ***including myself***, its a bad habit, and if I get caught doing it then I'll pay the price. Sometimes LE and firefighters get breaks on tickets, but so do other people who are not in public safety. ****I've given tickets to several police officers and firefighters that did wrong**** and I know plenty of other officers who have also.

it would be like arresting a shoplifter and while you pat them down you steal their wallet.

Knowing the law won't not get you arrested, you may be dealing with a hypocrite out to prove a point. Knowing the law will help you not get you convicted most of the time.
this is a good article to read about recording the police.

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/7-rules-for-recording-police_042013

Last edited:
You make presumptions as well without knowing my previous background. I don't see anything childish about my statements, you are quick to judge, to be expected, you state hypocrisy in your response.

#2, You're right speeding is against the law, and almost everyone is guilty of it, ***including myself***, its a bad habit, and if I get caught doing it then I'll pay the price. Sometimes LE and firefighters get breaks on tickets, but so do other people who are not in public safety. ****I've given tickets to several police officers and firefighters that did wrong**** and I know plenty of other officers who have also.

it would be like arresting a shoplifter and while you pat them down you steal their wallet.

Knowing the law won't not get you arrested, you may be dealing with a hypocrite out to prove a point. Knowing the law will help you not get you convicted most of the time.
this is a good article to read about recording the police.

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/7-rules-for-recording-police_042013

What does your previous background have anything to do with the posts you have made here??? How was I quick to judge you, and where in my response did you see hypocrisy? You really aren't making any sense, you're comparing a simple traffic citation to an arrestable offense/possible felony. You might as well be comparing apples and oranges.

Last edited:
What does your previous background have anything to do with the posts you have made here??? How was I quick to judge you, and where in my response did you see hypocrisy? You really aren't making any sense.

you can figure it out by reading the stars i put in your response, maybe you are capable of connecting the dots...

Back
Top Bottom