• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Question for you wheel gun guys.

Show me another 44 Mag that small and light.

For comparison, it weighs almost a pound less than a 4 inch Redhawk.

Tell me about it. My 4.2" Redhawk was 47oz unloaded. That's the only reason I got rid of it.

I had a 4" 629 and it was the sweetest shooting revolver I've ever shot. It was a bit heavy too, but not nearly so noticeable as the RH. I should have kept the 629...

If it were me I would simply sell or trade the Tracker and get another one just like it with the preferred barrel length. I'm guessing the turnaround would be much faster.

I had a 4" Tracker, briefly, a couple years ago. It shot good, but was a little light for my personal taste. Recoil was more significant than my other .44's, but not unbearable. I can't remember what I traded it for, but I would not mind having another one.

You would probably be better off selling or trading the one you have for the same thing with a longer barrel. I'm guessing turnaround time would be much faster. That's what I would do, anyway.

Tell me about it. My 4.2" Redhawk was 47oz unloaded. That's the only reason I got rid of it.

I had a 4" 629 and it was the sweetest shooting revolver I've ever shot. It was a bit heavy too, but not nearly so noticeable as the RH. I should have kept the 629...

If it were me I would simply sell or trade the Tracker and get another one just like it with the preferred barrel length. I'm guessing the turnaround would be much faster.

I had a 4" Tracker, briefly, a couple years ago. It shot good, but was a little light for my personal taste. Recoil was more significant than my other .44's, but not unbearable. I can't remember what I traded it for, but I would not mind having another one.
I like the 4 inch barrel. I wear it in a cross draw and can sit comfortably without the muzzle digging into the seat.

I just got back from a quick trip to the range. I put a Hogue grip on it and am shooting the actual load I'll use for hunting. Palm sized groups at 25 yards off hand. This is a good example of when to leave well enough alone I think.

I like the 4 inch barrel. I wear it in a cross draw and can sit comfortably without the muzzle digging into the seat.

I just got back from a quick trip to the range. I put a Hogue grip on it and am shooting the actual load I'll use for hunting. Palm sized groups at 25 yards off hand. This is a good example of when to leave well enough alone I think.

Sounds like it!

Back
Top Bottom