Question for you wheel gun guys.

Sell it and get what you want. You'll never get out of it what you'd have in it if you monkey with it and for what you are wanting to do, it just doesn't make since to put even more money into it. Why create a potential problem? Several better options have been posted.
(And I got through that whole post without saying anything derogatory about Taurus. Cookie for me! :becky: )

Sell it and get what you want. You'll never get out of it what you'd have in it if you monkey with it and for what you are wanting to do, it just doesn't make since to put even more money into it. Why create a potential problem? Several better options have been posted.
(And I got through that whole post without saying anything derogatory about Taurus. Cookie for me! :becky: )
I've actually decided to keep it and keep it the way it is. I'm shooting palm sized groups at 25 yards and I'm sure it still has enough juice for deer.

This what I have. They say it's 4 inch, but it's not really because about the last 2 inches of the "barrel" is actually a sleeve that supports the break. Is lager than bore diameter and has no rifling.

Ah,ok. I looked at it trying to check for that, but I couldn't tell.
Anyway, you wouldn't be interested in 70 rds of 44mag hunting ammo for $35 delivered, would you? I've got a 50-rd box of Remington JSP's and a 20-rd box of Winchester Super-X Platinum Tip JHP's, that I can't use and am trying to sell.

Ah,ok. I looked at it trying to check for that, but I couldn't tell.
Anyway, you wouldn't be interested in 70 rds of 44mag hunting ammo for $35 delivered, would you? I've got a 50-rd box of Remington JSP's and a 20-rd box of Winchester Super-X Platinum Tip JHP's, that I can't use and am trying to sell.
Thanks for the offer, but I'm already zeroed with my hunting load.

I need to check actual velocity, but if recoil is any indicator, it's hitting a lot harder than a full load 10mm.
As you know, recoil from a bug boy semi and light revolver magnum is apples and oranges. But definitely post your velocities. Ideally out of different barrel lengths if you can. It would be interesting.

As you know, recoil from a bug boy semi and light revolver magnum is apples and oranges. But definitely post your velocities. Ideally out of different barrel lengths if you can. It would be interesting.
How sure are you of those energies you posted? I just did a quick calculation and the program says that even if I don't reduce claimed velocity (1500fps with a 200 grain bullet), I'm getting 999lbs at the muzzle. That means a tried and true hunting load for the 44 Mag isn't getting the 1000lbs you're looking for.

Even a 240 grain at 1350fps comes up short of 1000.

Back
Top Bottom