• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Recomendation for AR trigger.

I'm not going to read back through the thread, did anyone say the ALG was as good as the ones costing 3 times as much?

I guess if I won the lottery or could get someone else to pay for it I would have Geissele triggers in every AR but I only need the one I have in an SPR build.
ALG, BCM and DD work in the rest.
Yup. Like I said, it's certainly a great upgrade over milspec, but to get it confused with a higher tier trigger is just silly.

I wouldn't take anyone seriously who actually thinks an ALG trigger is anywhere near as good as a Geissele, Timney, TT, CMC, etc. They either have absolutely no clue what makes a good trigger or have never shot anything other than a crappy mil-spec.

The ALG ACT is certainly a great upgrade over mil-spec, but it isn't a great trigger itself.

I agree with this 100%! I can't stand ALG triggers, and you probably won't either if you prefer a 2 stage. All my AR builds get a Geissele G2S or a Larue unless something better is spec'd. The Larue MBT-2s is on sale right now for $99 if you take the "I can wait" option. That is currently the absolute best deal going on a quality trigger.

I wouldn't take anyone seriously who actually thinks an ALG trigger is anywhere near as good as a Geissele, Timney, TT, CMC, etc. They either have absolutely no clue what makes a good trigger or have never shot anything other than a crappy mil-spec.

The ALG ACT is certainly a great upgrade over mil-spec, but it isn't a great trigger itself.
For the money its the best trigger you can get hands down. Is it a high dollar trigger no but anywhere in it price range it is better for that or twice the money. YOU DID SEE FOR THE MONEY DIDN'T YOU?

Geissele is an outstading trigger but it isn't 69 dollars. For all out competition then buy the best. However for a great trigger for all around use ALG ACT can't be beat and there are a heap of members that will agree.

I agree with this 100%! I can't stand ALG triggers, and you probably won't either if you prefer a 2 stage. All my AR builds get a Geissele G2S or a Larue unless something better is spec'd. The Larue MBT-2s is on sale right now for $99 if you take the "I can wait" option. That is currently the absolute best deal going on a quality trigger.
It stands to reason that if you prefer a two stage trigger you are not going to like a single stage trigger.

Personally, I would run a solid milspec trigger until I could afford a good Geissele 2-stage trigger. Makes no sense to cheap out on the trigger, it’s the interface between the weapon and the shooter.

I probably have a few “take out” mil spec triggers in the shop, if I do the OP can have one for free.

A mil-spec trigger can be made into a half way decent trigger with a little stoning and some different springs. Some prefer what the prefer and that's that. I find that the ALG trigger suits me just fine with the JP reduced power springs set. Don't knock it untill youv'e tried it. The ALG trigger on it's own is just a light mil-spec trigger but Nib coated with lighter springs. Triggers are like beer you like what you like and there is no changing that. I have never seen the need for a real expensive trigger because I don't shoot at real long ranges. If someone is going to compete at a high level then yes I do recommend a high dollar trigger. I have said the trigger can make or break the build on a competition gun. However I only shoot at 100 to 300 yards so the ALG ACT trigger with reduced power springs lets me achieve what I desire as far as accuracy goes. I am not a 2 stage trigger guy. I like a crisp, light single stage trigger and my set up works just fine and feels just like a light 1911 trigger.

I’ve shot plenty of ALG triggers, as well as most all on the market. Most of my AR’s are not shot at long range, but a good trigger still makes a difference. I’m more critical of my triggers on a “real use” AR than I would be on something I used as a toy for competition. The price of failure is quite a bit worse.

The better a shooter is, the better they will be able to exploit the difference in a high grade trigger.

When I qual’ed every year in the Corps, I always went 10-for-10 at 500yds with a stock M16A2. Not only is that a stock trigger, but due to the mechanics of the 3-round burst, it has 3 slightly different trigger pulls. Gotta have your fundamentals tight to master it. So, excellent long range accuracy can be readily achieved with a stock trigger. A slight increase in trigger quality will give you a slight improvement in accuracy, usually. The greater the improvement in trigger quality, the greater the improvement in accuracy.

I’ve had plenty of students that have trained with me since their introduction to the AR platform. I’ve seen what improvements in trigger quality can do to folks of all skill levels.

Back
Top Bottom