• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Remington 700 firing without pulling trigger?

If you know as a company that a trigger you designed can be improperly set to accidentally kill someone, wouldn't you take the precautions to redesign the trigger so that it was not possible for someone to improperly set it? I've seen stupider stuff on Guns like locks on revolvers.
Seriously? There isn't a single firearm on the planet that can't be made unsafe by some dumbass messing with it. The same is true of practically every other mechanical devise. These are firearms and the only way to make them idiot proof is to make them unfireable.

Except no one is having issues with tikka, savage, Winchester, tc, Bergara or ANY other manufacturers triggers. It seems the idiots who own remington triggers are advanced idiots.
Excuse me, but you must have missed the post where I said I had adjusted two Winchester triggers so light that they activated when the bolt was closed. It's a hell of a lot easier to do that on a Winchester than it is a Remington.

You must have also missed the part of the rebuttal where it shows a list of all the different firearms manufactures that the plaintiff's "expert" has testified against in other law suits. They all get it, but Remington is the only one that the anti gun media made a documentary about, so they get all the press. Which sparks more bogus law suits.

the man that designed the 700 already stepped out and said it was flawed from the jump... a while back
No, he didn't. You are referring to internal documents that he wrote 10 years before the 700 ever came to market while the trigger was still under development. The trigger mechanism referenced in that document is not the one that was installed in the 700.

There are law firms that make their living by suing firearms manufacturers. This was the very first one on the list from a web search. Check it out and then tell me where you think the law suits are coming from.

http://www.jrlawfirm.com/library/defective-guns-firearms/

Apparently, you can sue them if get a stove pipe, which are clearly incredibly dangerous.

My God, how many times is this going to come up? :doh: For those of you that think there is genuinely a design flaw or that Remington consciously endangered the lives of their own customers, perhaps you missed this little gem from the "interview".

Robert Chaffin: In the world of firearms there is no such thing as a consumer product agency that can force any firearms makers to recall the gun. Does not exist.
Lesley Stahl: ‘Cause of the Second Amendment, correct?
Robert Chaffin: Well, the right to bear arms, yes. Any recall has to be voluntary.

I'm not quite sure how much more transparent they need to be for some of you. And yes, PLEASE give me your 700s so I can insure none of you are hurt by the evil gun manufacturer!

Don't listen to all these guys messing with you about giving them your dangerous 700s. We all know they are joking. Now for a serious offer, I will take your super bad 700 and, on scouts honor, will take possession of said firearm to ensure that it can never harm your sensitive snowflake emotions. I will scold the 700 daily with such sayings as, "bad gun" and "mean old Remington." For the first 50 700s I will also throw in the Bad Rifleman's Creed:

This is my bad rifle. There are many like it, but this one has been bad.
My rifle is a naughty friend. It is my anguish. I must beat it as I must beat my meat.
My rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I would be happy. I must berate my rifle true.
My rifle and I know that what counts in war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the emotions of those who don't fight. We will sympathize...
My rifle is human, and thus deserves welfare. I will learn its weaknesses which are many, its strength which are none, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will keep my rifle clean and ready even though it is naughty, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other in perfect diversity. We will...
Before God, I swear this creed. My rifle and I are the defenders of all the snowflakes. We are the masters of our feelings.
So be it, until victory is America's and there are no guns left in private hands, but peace!

Excuse me, but you must have missed the post where I said I had adjusted two Winchester triggers so light that they activated when the bolt was closed. It's a hell of a lot easier to do that on a Winchester than it is a Remington.

You must have also missed the part of the rebuttal where it shows a list of all the different firearms manufactures that the plaintiff's "expert" has testified against in other law suits. They all get it, but Remington is the only one that the anti gun media made a documentary about, so they get all the press. Which sparks more bogus law suits.
Sho did. I'm bad without cliff notes. That said, I had a bad trigger that was bad through no influence of my own other than being in the cold. 300 rum AD isn't fun for anyone.

Back
Top Bottom