• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Revolver EDC opinions

The smaller and lighter the gun, the longer/heavier the trigger pull, the more difficult it is to shoot well. Takes diligent training to become proficient with a “pocket revolver”, and reloads are opposite of the muscle memory you build for a semi-auto.

If you know what you’re doing, an S&W is capable of great accuracy. I won many a bet at my old PD shooting my 442 at 25yds vs guys with their G22’s.

Yep. Because women have a hard time with the slide even though that technique is a one and done type skill.

So women have a hard time cycling the slide but can properly manipulate a 9-10pound double action trigger? Are you also going to tell us that they fit their pretty little hands much better and racking the slide on a pump action shotgun will make bad guys poop their pants as they are running away? ;)

I don't carry extra ammo for a fast reload when I carry my 5-shot .38 +P revolver.

Speed strips are OK for slow reloading, after the battle, while the smoke clears.

They stink for fast reloading while the fight's still on. I'll admit that I haven't used mine much or practiced with them at home at all (I do practice drawing from my holster and dry firing, though). I have practiced using HKS (twist knob) speedloaders, both at home and on the range.

For me, I'll carry a speed strip in my pocket sometimes, but I don't really expect to be able to use it quickly.

And I won't carry a speedloader for normal daily carry of a small revolver. The last time I carried speedloaders with a revolver for defense, I was openly carrying a 6" barreled .357, and I wanted everybody to see it and appreciate it.

Have that Roscoe cut for moon clips and practice your reloads. My 12 year old can reload in about 1 second.
593794d79526d826626d6187311675b8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I wore a blue tu tu it may not increase my speed but Im sure it would distract my attacker enough I would hassve time to reload.
Congats young lady looks to be getting it done.

Speed strips. You can get a 5 or 6 load speed strip and pocket carry a couple or 3. I pocket carry 90% of the time in one pocket and speed strips in the other. The 442 will be a great pocket carry. Also carries well in a jacket pocket. Shoot it a lot so you can work that DA trigger to your liking and enjoy!!!

So women have a hard time cycling the slide but can properly manipulate a 9-10pound double action trigger? Are you also going to tell us that they fit their pretty little hands much better and racking the slide on a pump action shotgun will make bad guys poop their pants as they are running away? ;)

Yep.

Seen it a lot in controlled situations

Have that Roscoe cut for moon clips and practice your reloads. My 12 year old can reload in about 1 second.
593794d79526d826626d6187311675b8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
First of all, I love seeing kids getting out and shooting. Is she running USPSA or ICORE, or both?

Secondly, I can't think of a single person that can perform a a one second reload on a J frame. I'd dearly love to be proven wrong on that one by the way. The OP was about a 442, not a service sized frame revolver using a competition rig.

On the note of moon clips, unless you're toting them in a carrier, they suck. The clips are fragile and will bend. Bent moon clips will lock up a revolver faster than high primers and trash under the extractor star.

Back
Top Bottom