• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ribeye recipe needed

By their looks, I'd age them a bit. But I'm not a chef, just a shadetree griller.

I have no idea what I'd be doing! Lol

I do this all the time. Put the meat in the back of your fridge and forget about it until it turns a dark reddish color. The meat will develop more flavor and will be tender beyond belief.
So many good recipes in this thread. I like olive oil, sea salt and fresh cracked pepper. Season and take it out of the fridge for a few hours. Cook each side couple minutes in a hot as hell cast iron skillet then on the charcoal grill until 115° internal temperature. Let stand about 10 minutes and enjoy.

No spice or seasonings needed, you can always do that later. Just grill them to a temperature you like, if gas is what you have then use it. Of course a Weber would be best with wood charcoal, not briquets.

Ageing? I tried this once with a whole standing rib roast. 5 days. The fat tasted a little rancid. Won't be doing it again. Don't know what I am doing obviously . I do a tenderloin where I truss it, liberally salt it and leave uncovered in the fridge for a day then slow roast it

Ageing? I tried this once with a whole standing rib roast. 5 days. The fat tasted a little rancid. Won't be doing it again. Don't know what I am doing obviously . I do a tenderloin where I truss it, liberally salt it and leave uncovered in the fridge for a day then slow roast it

This is exactly what I'm afraid of happening!

Kosher salt and course ground black pepper. A dash of garlic powder and then pour melted butter over top. Grill on HIGH heat preferable charcoal with lid open and please don’t overcook that awesome hunk of meat lol. I’d take it off the charcoal at 115 degrees and hope it stops about 125. Mmmmmmmmm

The black pepper and just a dash of garlic, not much, to much garlic will overwhelm the Taste.

2018-02-6-A-High-Salt-Diet-Causes-Dementia.jpg
anything other than this alters the real flavor of the beef .

When we go out I say "gimme that steak sauce" they say which one and I say "the white one"
heh.gif
heh.gif
heh.gif

Back
Top Bottom