• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rio Olympic Games

So the bigger question is...Do we see any attacks during the games?

Dang good question. I certainly hope not. I am sure the US Olympic Comittee will hire body guards to protect the athletes But this is a world stage and I am sure there are enough wackos out there that would love to disrupt the games. Given that the country really doesn't give a crap and does not have the military strength to do much if anything, terrorism should be a major concern. Just not a good deal for any of the athletes that will represent our nation.

An Olympic metal is the pinnacle of some events. But other events, like golf, the pinnacle is not an Olympic metal. The pinnacle for them is to win a "Major".
I just hate that back door deals, payoffs, and just out right criminal offenses were made in order for Rio to get the Olympics. Chicago was in the running, or so they thought. But the fix was in for Rio, even though those in charge knew Rio did not have the ability to get their act together. Just a sad commentary on the greed of the Olympic Committee, run by criminals who were out for nothing but money.

Very true, I forgot about golf and some of the others.

I think the hammer throw guys are going :)

Reactions: JWC
So you mean the previously stellar reputation of the IOC has been tarnished? :laugh: ;)

I don't believe the reputation of the IOC could be anymore tarnished. These games will be the legacy of the former IOC members. Pictures of the "lake" or sewer where the rowing team will have to compete is just horrible. I just wish the IOC would take a swim in that sewer, for a couple of days. lol

I don't believe the reputation of the IOC could be anymore tarnished. These games will be the legacy of the former IOC members. Pictures of the "lake" or sewer where the rowing team will have to compete is just horrible. I just wish the IOC would take a swim in that sewer, for a couple of days. lol
GLWS(wim). ;)

Yeah, pretty sure the hammer throw members will be there, along with the javelin throw members. I mean, what else can they do? They have trained most of their lives for an Olympic moment. Too bad that Olympic moment will be in a cesspool.

Go compete, stay in the village under guard and take a daily bath in Deet and when you finish get the hell out. Of course this doesn't apply to anyone who has to swim or sail in that nasty ass water down there, screw that.

I heard they will have over 8000 police/military there. They were doing some training rolling around in armored vehicles. I think things will be safe. If you're Jordan Spieth, no, I wouldn't go. If you're a gymnast/swimmer, etc. of course I'd go. This is "the" event of your entire life.

Back
Top Bottom