• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rio Olympic Games

I know plenty of people that went to the World Cup there a couple years ago and had no problems. It seemed to be fairly sucessful despite all of the setbacks they had before the event. Of course that was before Zika was a thing... And soccer is not a water sport... But I heard Zika wasn't going to be a big deal because it is winter and mosquitos are not very active?

I know plenty of people that went to the World Cup there a couple years ago and had no problems. It seemed to be fairly sucessful despite all of the setbacks they had before the event. Of course that was before Zika was a thing... And soccer is not a water sport... But I heard Zika wasn't going to be a big deal because it is winter and mosquitos are not very active?

That was also before their entire economy collapsed.

Reactions: JWC
Yeah, I guess so. Since the games did not bankrupt Atlanta, set it back a few years, but no total financial collapse, I guess it should move up in the ranking. A lot of the cities, previously "awarded" the Olympics, are in financial ruin, caused in large part by the Olympics. Rio will be one of the cities that will not benefit by hosting the Olympics. Olympic committee pockets were lined by corrupt officials, corrupt official have mismanaged the money and took kick backs, the city is basically a toilet surrounded by building that are in various stages of neglect and decay.
The question was asked earlier about will the venue that is attacked by terrorists. I don't really know, but if the terrorists bring food and money to Rio, THEY, the terrorists, may not survive the local population.

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160804_5041e628812214c3aa12e240f6337521.jpg

Maybe because I'm getting old but these 'veterans' are really putting on a show.
Just saw where 42 year old Kristen Armstrong won gold in cycling (women's time trial). Third time in a row for her.

I use my age as an excuse for not being as active as I should be, so could you just delete this post and we will pretend this never happened.

Back
Top Bottom