River Stripers

How was the current? I usually kayak the lower etowah but they have been generating the dam non stop for weeks. Good looking fish, you should try and hook one whole on a kayak!

How was the current? I usually kayak the lower etowah but they have been generating the dam non stop for weeks. Good looking fish, you should try and hook one whole on a kayak!
It didn't seem bad to me, there was a fire at the main dam earlier this year, the aren't generating, it is just the natural flow coming through the dam.

I used to float down from the Etowah dam to Rockmart highway. (Portage around the little carpet mill dam was a pita!) Never fished it but saw some big ones down in the deep holes!

You need to come do it again. Me and lil mama are gonna kayak from the rockmart hwy bridge to the new boat ramp on euharlee rd in the morning. Hitting the water around 10am if any of yall wanna go...

You need to come do it again. Me and lil mama are gonna kayak from the rockmart hwy bridge to the new boat ramp on euharlee rd in the morning. Hitting the water around 10am if any of yall wanna go...
I sold my old canoe. I'm wanting a kayak. You using a sit on or standard?

Dam.. Had I not had to work the GCO convention I would have joined you. I'm always looking for river folks to float with. I might try and go sometime this week.

Sit on. We have an extra one if you wanna come.
A little late replying! I couldnt do it this weekend - I am swamped.

You ever think about fishing the Hickory log reservoir in Canton? Its a no gas lake that they stocked last year. Straight shot from C'ville.

Back
Top Bottom