• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

RMR for EDC

^ Thats a nice chop. I have a few, but none as sweet as that.
Thanks. Wanted a real weapon light on there, not one of these puny TLR6 lights, so had to have a rail.

That was the functional cut. Carried like that a good bit. That frame is getting a micro dot stipple as we speak.

How do you like the vortex say over a trijicon ? I have been considering getting into a rmr
I've got minimal time on thr RMR, but here's why I went with what I did.

Vortex viper is half the cost of the Trijicon. Lower profile. Larger viewing window.

All of the optics share the same problems:
- dot flicker due to battery movement (thickness can vary brand to brand)
- loss of zero due to mechanical failure (takes a lot of abuse riding on a slide)

I have seen some photos of Vipers losing the glass, but I've never experienced that.

Vortex seems to turn warranty claims around in a matter of days; Trijicon seems to take a few weeks.

I've run my Viper in a few classes and shoot it regularly in USPSA carry optics matches. No complaints.

If it's a "work" gun... I'd probably look more toward the Trijicon or Deltapoint Pro, as Trijicon is still considered the "gold standard" by many, but I think a lot of that has to do with them being one of the first to market with the product type.

For casual use, gun games or typical concealed carry, I don't hesitate to recommend the Vortex line.

I've got minimal time on thr RMR, but here's why I went with what I did.

Vortex viper is half the cost of the Trijicon. Lower profile. Larger viewing window.

All of the optics share the same problems:
- dot flicker due to battery movement (thickness can vary brand to brand)
- loss of zero due to mechanical failure (takes a lot of abuse riding on a slide)

I have seen some photos of Vipers losing the glass, but I've never experienced that.

Vortex seems to turn warranty claims around in a matter of days; Trijicon seems to take a few weeks.

I've run my Viper in a few classes and shoot it regularly in USPSA carry optics matches. No complaints.

If it's a "work" gun... I'd probably look more toward the Trijicon or Deltapoint Pro, as Trijicon is still considered the "gold standard" by many, but I think a lot of that has to do with them being one of the first to market with the product type.

For casual use, gun games or typical concealed carry, I don't hesitate to recommend the Vortex line.
Thank you that sums up the Vortex for me :) I'm a fan of Vortex anyways . I may look at the viper when
Time comes

Dirty J Dirty J is yours the 3moa or the 6 Moa? Which would you recommend for a 9 mm pistol or a buckmark ?
The Viper only comes as a 6moa

The Venom model comes in both sizes.

If you plan to do lots of bulllseye shooting.. smaller dot size for sure.

For gun gaming and self defense shooting... bigger and easier to see...

Im usually not in an environment where anything more than 10 yards is necessary to protect my life. If im shooting a pistol over 30 yards, Its a situation probably best handled by people that get paid to shoot bad guys.

Ive tried red dots on rifles and im sure theres a difference but, I can't seeing it being by very much. Im sure target acquisition is easier. Im use to looking for irons and to be honest, the last situation I had where I shot under stress, I dont even remember looking at sights.

I may give it a try one day, but Im in no hurry to jump on the wagon.

Back
Top Bottom