• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Saint Victor 308?

(M)

Default rank <3500 posts
100% Chuck Norris approved
104   0
Reaction score
I've been looking to purchase a ar-10 and the saint victor has made the short list. It seems like it's packed with awesome features and relatively light weight for this platform but in all the research I've done no one really talks about it's accuracy beyond 50yds. I understand it's a "battle rifle" and not meant for precision shooting out to a 1000yds but it's also a 308win and should be able to reach out to a decent range with good accuracy. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with one of these and could give me an idea on accuracy between 100-300yds. Is it worth the price with the thin barrel or should I look for a heavier barrelled rifle?. I want it for hunting/range fun and potential shtf rifle. Thanks ODT.

I've been looking to purchase a ar-10 and the saint victor has made the short list. It seems like it's packed with awesome features and relatively light weight for this platform but in all the research I've done no one really talks about it's accuracy beyond 50yds. I understand it's a "battle rifle" and not meant for precision shooting out to a 1000yds but it's also a 308win and should be able to reach out to a decent range with good accuracy. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with one of these and could give me an idea on accuracy between 100-300yds. Is it worth the price with the thin barrel or should I look for a heavier barrelled rifle?. I want it for hunting/range fun and potential shtf rifle. Thanks ODT.

In for info also. I want to compare the Saint to the new SIG DI 716 tread that is supposed to be around the same price range.

Very little info on the sig di 716 since it just came out at the 2020 shot show. Most likely won't be available to the public till late this year same as the cross rifle which I'm also very interested in but not wanting to be a beta tester for 1st gen sigs. So most likely middle to late next year before they are reliable options. It's surprising to me how few big name reviewers have reviewed the saint in 308. Justin opinion likes it so there's that.

I have the victor 308 and love it. I got it not long after it released and didn’t have much info on it, but when I held it in person I really liked how lightweight it is. I had a Sig 716 that I traded in for it actually, the 716 is very heavy and I was not pleased with the accuracy on it. I have made 2 upgrades to my saint, one is a geissele trigger, and the other is a heavier buffer and buffer spring because I shoot it suppressed and had to slow down the bolt, they do include gas “jets” that you can interchange in the gas block to help tune the gas system, but if you don’t shoot suppressed you will be just fine with it in stock configuration, if you do shoot suppressed just be aware you may need to do some fine tuning, I can explain more on that if you need. Anyways the pic below is a 100 yard group, suppressed with 180 grain federal powershok. I will say I saw tighter groups with 180 grain versus 150 grain. The farthest I have shot it out too is 300 on a 10 inch plate, no trouble hitting it consistently. I run a 1-6 Trijicon accupoint on it

Attachments

• EA13258D-F285-4826-931E-B6667DF1AD25.jpeg
    EA13258D-F285-4826-931E-B6667DF1AD25.jpeg
    61.1 KB · Views: 30
I have the victor 308 and love it. I got it not long after it released and didn’t have much info on it, but when I held it in person I really liked how lightweight it is. I had a Sig 716 that I traded in for it actually, the 716 is very heavy and I was not pleased with the accuracy on it. I have made 2 upgrades to my saint, one is a geissele trigger, and the other is a heavier buffer and buffer spring because I shoot it suppressed and had to slow down the bolt, they do include gas “jets” that you can interchange in the gas block to help tune the gas system, but if you don’t shoot suppressed you will be just fine with it in stock configuration, if you do shoot suppressed just be aware you may need to do some fine tuning, I can explain more on that if you need. Anyways the pic below is a 100 yard group, suppressed with 180 grain federal powershok. I will say I saw tighter groups with 180 grain versus 150 grain. The farthest I have shot it out too is 300 on a 10 inch plate, no trouble hitting it consistently. I run a 1-6 Trijicon accupoint on it
Awesome, thank you. Suppressing it is not likely in my future but most of the 308 rounds I have already are on the heavier side. I've been sitting on 200ish rounds mostly 180's since I foolishly traded off my bolt gun and am glad to hear your saint likes the heavy stuff.

Without a suppressor and with a red dot instead of a scope, it would be impressively light and easy to handle, I love that it comes with bcm grip and stock too. The irons that come on it seem nice as well

I’m not familiar with that particular SIG model, but their other AR’s (big and small) have a reputation for poor accuracy.

Yeah I wasn't real impressed with the 716 accuracy. Seemed to be bringing AK accuracy to the Ar platform! But I like the rifle in general.

I've had a couple m1a's in the past. A standard and a socom16. Great guns but I found I didn't like carrying them too far because of their weight. The 7.9ish lbs of the saint really appeals to me.

Back
Top Bottom