• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Saint Victor 308?

Finally got my 308 victor in and 5 shots into the 1st mag total bolt lock up and had to ship it off to Springfield for warranty work. 3-5 weeks depending on how bad this kungflu effects their workforce. I'm not crapping on Springfield or the victor rifle yet. I understand lemons happen to every company. It was a sweet rifle that I really liked up untill I tried to shoot it. Stupid me....

Finally got my 308 victor in and 5 shots into the 1st mag total bolt lock up and had to ship it off to Springfield for warranty work. 3-5 weeks depending on how bad this kungflu effects their workforce. I'm not crapping on Springfield or the victor rifle yet. I understand lemons happen to every company. It was a sweet rifle that I really liked up untill I tried to shoot it. Stupid me....

That sucks. I was thinking one of these but want to run a can and the adjustment gas system seems like a pain.

I haven't shot a Saint Victor yet but I dig them myself. I've used Springfield's warranty service before and was impressed with how quick they were to fix the issue and get it back to me. I'm going to try and pick one up at some point this year. Never owned an AR10 and figured, why not. Especially with everything going on in the world right now. Mags are a lot cheaper than my M1A and SCAR17 but not as cheap as my SAR8/G3 clone.

Just an update. Got an email from Springfield. The upper and bolt were out of speck and being completely replaced. Should have it back by mid next week as long as shipping isn't shut down. 3 1/2 week turn around. Not bad considering all thats going on. Two thumbs up for Springfield's customer service.

Got my victor back after 3 1/2 weeks at Springfield. Shot it some yesterday with my father. Flawless function using everthing from 150gr fmj's to 180gr hunting sp's. This is my 1st Ar10 and I'm well pleased with my purchase now that I can get more than 5 rounds through it. The flat trigger is pretty cool though the break is a little heavier than I expected. Reviews I've read say it should lighten up a little with use. Recoil is light but report is loud. Springfield's muzzle device definitely does what they claim. Springfield's customer service did a decent job keeping me updated and with all thats going on in the world right now I would say the turn around time was excellent. There was no extras or freebies for my troubles but they replaced the faulty parts with new ones that function 100% so I'm very pleased and would have no problem recommending Springfield's 308 victor line. My dad liked it so much that he's looking to pick one up. If you knew my dad this says alot about the quality and shootability of this rifle. I've not dialed in the scope yet but hits on steel between 50 and 100yds was a cake walk with the flip up irons that came with it. I just figured I would end this thread on a positive note incase anyone was considering a victor 308 from Springfield. Rifle is awesome and the company is solid -- ignoring their 2nd amendment snafu and the fact they're in Illinois of course..... No ones perfect.

Back
Top Bottom