• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SBP Pistol brace protector are you ****ing kidding me?

adult-braces.jpg

IMG_0538.JPG

This isn't mine, but I got to shoot it, years ago. Even with the arm brace "extended" (it's a friction fit over the buffer tube, and you can push it in or out a couple of inches) it's too short for me to feel comfortable shooting it from the shoulder (I tried). Shooting it with your arm IN the brace, the way it's theoretically supposed to be used, was a lot more steady than just shooting the gun one-handed, unsupported.

But I still say that I've got no interest in these, as shoulder stocks, unless they're longer. I want at least a 12" length of pull.

View attachment 1060544
This isn't mine, but I got to shoot it, years ago. Even with the arm brace "extended" (it's a friction fit over the buffer tube, and you can push it in or out a couple of inches) it's too short for me to feel comfortable shooting it from the shoulder (I tried). Shooting it with your arm IN the brace, the way it's theoretically supposed to be used, was a lot more steady than just shooting the gun one-handed, unsupported.

But I still say that I've got no interest in these, as shoulder stocks, unless they're longer. I want at least a 12" length of pull.

KAK industries sells a 20.00 dimpled buffer tube. The shockwave locks in place with a large metal Allen key, through metal threads into the dimple/s. There's 12 option for LOP and 12" is easy to achieve. Notice the LOP on my Draco. It's never spun, moved, or shifted. Nor have any of my other shockwave braces locked into place. Friction hold was the s***ty gen 1 sig sbx brace idea.
IMG_4495.JPG

There is no law behind shouldering a brace. Only an opinion, an interpretation of a law....a law that was established before the brace even existed. There are numerous high profile "instagram famous" guys shouldering braces, and the ATF hasn't come knocking yet. Why? Because there is no legal standing there to prosecute. If you take to heart the opinion letter, you cannot take your bone stock Glock 17 and let it touch your shoulder...good look prosecuting on that logic.

30k views
https://www.instagram.com/p/BNh9aheAhbY/

16k views
https://www.instagram.com/p/BQLgimXAwiR/

I just finished my Xmas present...blade included... kids come first so my Xmas present always arrive late...

Attachments

• IMG_20171220_103019.jpg
    IMG_20171220_103019.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 84
Back
Top Bottom