• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

School me on carrying a firearm in a commercial vehical

So why does the GA state patrol and pubic safety officers ask is there a weapon in the vehicle? Is this for their safety? If I told him yes and carried my GA weapons permit I should be fine right?

My last driving job was during the late 90's. I ran a tire truck route while going to school at night. There was a lot of cash involved in some rough neighborhoods. I carried every day. I had Just survived 6 years of dangerous military service. Damn sure wasn't going to die in a robbery without it being a shoot out. The route was AL and GA only. If you are going to be driving OTR I would advise against it unless you want to be detained at weigh stations and end up being late to deliver constantly. This will get you fired real quick.

As said above, yes.

I always did in every state, but then when you get a delivery to a military base and have to hide your pistol on the side of the road its more than a bit disconcerting.

I always figured if I ran into the scenario I would go to a storage unit. Rent the smallest available unit and simply lay it in the middle of the floor and put a lock on the door.

Its been a while... Your load a hazardous material? I haven't been to that training for years, but I thought that was regulated.

Back
Top Bottom