• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Screwed by FedEx

They recently switch packages with me and my neighbor. Fortunately the neighbor was nice and brought mine & picked up theirs - even left me a note. Fedex must be hiring people that just don't care or look at the addresses.
Yes, apparently the drivers don’t understand what those funny little numbers in front of the street name mean.
All the house addresses on one side of our cul-de-sac end in 0, so we’re constantly playing musical chairs with each other’s deliveries.
Unless the package appears to contain something valuable at which time it shows delivered and signed for, apparently having magically evaporated.
Thankfully, my coin dealer caught on years ago, because their packages have always shown a return address as a plumbing supply company.

Anything that has been shipped to me via fedex for almost the past year seems to get to the austell hub and disappear for awhile, sometimes it’sa few day’s late sometimes weeks, sometimes the retailer has to send replacement
Austell FedEx hub is run by a subcontractor. It is on its second subcontractor in 2 years. Subcontractors buy routes from FedEx.
They are horrible.

Austell FedEx hub is run by a subcontractor. It is on its second subcontractor in 2 years. Subcontractors buy routes from FedEx.
They are horrible.

All ground hubs are run by Fedex. Drivers, security and maintenance are the only things contracted out. If the trailer or box truck says "fedex ground" it's a contractor. I know this cause I work at 311 hub (austell)

I work for fedex, your best bet is to call your local atf field office. If you ship a firearm with fedex never tell them it is a firearm.

With the private carriers, you have to state the contents for insurance.

One of the advantages of using USPS for long guns, you can declare an insurance amount and not state the contents.

FEDEX....hmmm. I had the same situation with FedEx over the summer. Tracking kept updating to next day then to the next. I contact corp office. Left email and phone message. Gave them the tracking number. Stated I was going to notify ATF that afternoon if the package wasnt delivered to FFL. Corp called within 2 hours and said package was located in another office one town over. It was delivered the next day to my FFL. Just contact corp. They will find it if you state you will contact the ATF. Good Luck.

Back
Top Bottom