• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sellers requiring carry permits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not everyone wants a permit, some people don’t want the government knowing about their guns. Some people do it for illegal reasons and some people just prefer to stay private. I personally don’t want the government knowing about my things just like the old days. And of course I can go to the next classified, just like I’ve done before when I’ve purchased pistols through here
Tell me about the old days, gramps! I love story time. I mean, at 21, I bet you have all kinds of stories about the old days

All a driver license tells a seller is that you're a GA resident and that you're old enough to take posession of the firearm.

For some sellers, they're not happy unless they can see a GWCL so they have some basic evidence that they can use as a defense if they sell to someone who might turn out to be a felon. I understand the impulse, even if I don't agree with it.

Some sellers want a bill of sale, as evidence that the firearm has definitely left their posession. Again - personally - not my thing, but it is for some people.

Lastly - and this often comes from transplants from other states, they want to effect a transfer AT an FFL.

Ultimately, they're as free to turn down a sale to you if you don't like the rules, as you are to walk away if you feel the seller's conditions are unreasonable.

For me - I'd probably want to see your WCL if you have one, or your driver's license if you don't have the WCL. In my case, what I *won't* do is take a copy or write down the details. If I'm challenged, "I saw he had a GA driver's license and he was over 18" would be all I'd be able to report to the cops. If that would bust the deal for you, that's OK. Nobody is forcing you to deal with me.

Tell me about the old days, gramps! I love story time. I mean, at 21, I bet you have all kinds of stories about the old days
It sounds like you’re the gramps in this situation lmaoo. Never claimed to be old, just stated that it should be like the old days

Oh, I have no problem with Zero/zeros, until you realize they aren’t
Me neither. I generally enjoy dealing with new guys. Unless they roll in with a giant chip on their shoulder and talk a bunch of junk. At that point, I don’t care how much feedback they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom