• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sellers requiring carry permits

Status
Not open for further replies.
All a driver license tells a seller is that you're a GA resident and that you're old enough to take posession of the firearm.

For some sellers, they're not happy unless they can see a GWCL so they have some basic evidence that they can use as a defense if they sell to someone who might turn out to be a felon. I understand the impulse, even if I don't agree with it.

Some sellers want a bill of sale, as evidence that the firearm has definitely left their posession. Again - personally - not my thing, but it is for some people.

Lastly - and this often comes from transplants from other states, they want to effect a transfer AT an FFL.

Ultimately, they're as free to turn down a sale to you if you don't like the rules, as you are to walk away if you feel the seller's conditions are unreasonable.
And that’s fine, was just wondering. Thank you for the detailed answer. It’s obviously up to the seller, as stupid as it is

Help me find the bullseye here?
Well, you’re trying to explain to a guy with 787 positives how to deal with a zero feedback guy. I’m sure he knows what he’s doing at this point.
He simply said people like to see a permit so they’re a little more comfortable selling to someone that has passed a background check. He was right, that’s why some people ask.

That’s another thing. They want me to drive all the way to the middle of nowhere with more documents than I would need to provide at the actual gun store. Not to mention, half of these people are selling guns that are way overpriced and look like they’ve been through 3 tours in Afghanistan. What am I gaining out of that?

I really don't care one way or another it's completely up to the seller. I just remember catching a whole bunch of flack when I expressed having anxiety about selling a handgun to a person under 21 and them going out and shooting up the school and me being on the hook. I was lambasted and accused that I had a problem with the Second amendment. I'm just trying to politely remind folks of that situation.

That’s another thing. They want me to drive all the way to the middle of nowhere with more documents than I would need to provide at the actual gun store. Not to mention, half of these people are selling guns that are way overpriced and look like they’ve been through 3 tours in Afghanistan. What am I gaining out of that?
Three tours of Afghanistan. LOL ain't that the freaking truth.

And on the flip side I completely sympathize with the buyer. They want to own guns but they want to keep that to themselves and don't want anybody else to know what's going on with their situation. And that is the spirit, the true Spirit of the Second amendment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom